This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Camel milk

please can anyone tell me has someone tried camel milk for autistic child

if you how useful it is?

where to get it from in UK?

• DO NOT REPLY TO THIS DISCUSSION

• As per community rule 7 the link has been removed.....Rule 7 states.....,We do not allow users to register an account with us primarily to advertise, or sell, products and services...... 

• Give the ol’ cows and goats a rest, they’re tired. Camels are known for their stamina---if they can trudge through a hot desert for months, they can easily boost your energy and thirst. Camel Milk has been used for centuries by Nomads and Bedouins for it's nutritional and medicinal properties, we've now captured their ancient knowledge and locked it tight in a bottle. Compared to cows milk, Camel Milk has naturally occurring Vitamins D and C. Camel Milk has fewer calories, less bad cholesterol, and lacks the A1 casein protein and lactoglobulin in cow’s milk which makes it suitable for those with lactose intolerance and food allergies in milk.

In Europe, the benefits of Camel Milk is now being embraced by health-conscious consumers, children with autism & people with diabetes. Desert Farms’ camels live in small family farms all across Europe where the average herd is about 6 camels. All Desert Farms camels are pasture-raised and eat a complex diet of hay, grass and alfalfa pellets. We believe in supporting local produce, which is why we only use the best camels across Europe. Only the best, freshest, most wholesome Camel Milk makes it into Desert Farms bottles. Delivered from the farm directly to your home.

(LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR)

• [spam post deleted by moderator]

• [spam post deleted by moderator]

• Camels were at Christmas from day one!

Were they delivering a Christmas present, or was it just a birthday then?

• Contraception, camel spit.

It's more likely than you think..........

modernnotion.com/.../

I thought the autism thing was far-fetched, but at least people don't believe this one anymore.

• I know it isn’t brilliant, but hey I am not a story writer, just me. Considering I have a dyslexic memory and just finding the right words can be a challenge I do ok. 

There is a difference between expressing a concept, and writing it absolutely perfectly! I've read books, short stories, and poems, which have been written verbosely and grammatically correct, but they've been ***! Despite that story being a few paragraphs, it was great! If you can express a concept like that with brevity, I'd imagine if you sat for some time, you could flesh it out nicely. Creativity is a great release. If you enjoy it, maybe you should try starting a few stories with a brief concept (you seem to have a knack for it), then build on the ones you feel you can build more on.

Dyslexia is a pretty misunderstood thing, I have a few dyslexic friends, my mom is also dyslexic, and they all vary from pretty smart, to really smart. I think that from what I've observed, they always find a way to improvise to find a way around things. My mom for instance colour codes everything, in both the jobs she worked at, they ended up adopting the colour codes for everyone, because it saved time. My friend owns two businesses, and is dyslexic. He is really talented with buying and selling. You are an engineer! I think if look at dyslexia and people who have it, they have to work to their own system to do things. That's a talent in itself. It's sort of like that with autism too.

Now thats unusual for me to say. (Self worth)

Being pleased with something is something to embrace. Self-depreciation is a good form of humour (I find it helps me take things less seriously), and humility is a nice thing to have. I don't see the harm in saying to "I did well there", or "I'm proud of that" when you do! Even if we only say it to ourselves. There's nothing wrong with feeling good about ourselves once in a while!

I look for acceptance but I look carefully.

I think that's something a lot of people should do. NT's included. I see a lot of people bending their sense of self just to have people around them. I think some friends fit together, and some just don't. The club mentality that people have as youngsters fades in most people, not all, but quite a lot. You find friends in strange places. You could meet someone who seems totally not your thing. If you get to know them for a while carefully, you find out they have similar values, interests, and all kinds of things that bind people together.

I did ask if she felt a little bit like an alien observer watching the people go about thier robotic lives? Yes that is just how it feels she said.

I feel like a detective sometimes. I will spot nearly everything, and remember too much. It makes my life hard at times. Watching people is difficult sometimes. Interacting too sometimes. It's hard to distance myself from that way of thinking. Sometimes though in that pool of prediction, or constant observation, I'll find something completely throws me out. I find it refreshing, other times I find comfort in some people's predictability. I guess you can view it two ways, predictability or stability. My most trusted friend is the most predictable guy I know, but he's also the most reliable and stable. I hope you have fun at your party. The best thing to do is remember, it's a Christmas party and everyone will be letting loose. Have a try at it yourself, no-one will care. They'll probably be too busy full of Christmas tipple.

A bit of a long post but I just remembered something. My ex used to use a dictaphone. She's really creative, but a bit ADHD like. Her mind is like spaghetti. She has great ideas but can't remember them 5 minutes after. She started using one at uni to remember ideas for designs. Once she did she was coasting. She uses her phone now, last time I went I made a joke about how many files she had. She said laughing, "It's not a joke! Look!". She had folders full of recordings relating to her ideas. She runs her own business and still designs her own clothes. I thought that it might be good for your story ideas. Start with a concept, put the file somewhere in your computer in a folder, and flesh out the ideas by using the stuff you record. Then you can compile your ideas.

I will see you on the mothership! Where is our destination?Wink

• Needs bar armour for protection from RPGs!

• I loved the story you wrote and this post is wonderful too.

One of the many reasons I like charity shops is the potential for gentler, more real conversation with like-minded people - just like this forum

() () () 

• I am deliberately staying awake tonight, rambling away on here with a very tired mind is a good way of doing that.

As is my way I start off with a simple short  reply and my mind runs so fast it gets lost, ping,,,,another valid point pops into my mind, then the story suddenly gets going, I add little bits and often go off on a tangent, 

Proof reading it after I often notice I repeat a great deal of detail!

My mind gets lost on a single point then whoosh off it goes running after the original idea it first came up with.

I don’t stop to think about what to write. It just accelerates so fast. 

I know it isn’t brilliant, but hey I am not a story writer, just me. Considering I have a dyslexic memory and just finding the right words can be a challenge I do ok. 

Now thats unusual for me to say. (Self worth)

I am very slowly learning that to be me I have to have great courage and just go for it.

I look for acceptance but I look carefully. Even today I was in a charity shop and I was the only customer when a rather jolly women came in asking if they had any Xmas themed jumpers? The assistant said no sorry we sold out of anything Xmas themed earlier today, the customer said thank you and went. I then said , I have a Xmas jumper I bought it last year for a works party, it has darth vadar on it and it says “ this is my jolly face”. I didn’t want to go as it was bound to be noisy and people would be drinking to much and although it wasn’t as bad as I thought I did have to cover my ears and cringe quite a lot.

she then said that’s what I do too, I told her I was autistic, and that certain things made me anxious, yes she said I too am waiting for my assessment date, 

we had a strange kind of chat, both kept looking away to avoid eye contact, but both at ease, it was really nice to meet her. 

I wished her well and to just keep being herself. I did ask if she felt a little bit like an alien observer watching the people go about thier robotic lives? Yes that is just how it feels she said.

The seed of my story, or is it a story?

When the mother ship arrives I so look forward to meeting my own kind at last.

Take care my friend, the time approaches when we will return to our own planet.

() () () 

Still wide awake...Still rambling, 

• I hope this really isn't a story, and your ship is coming!

If you can give me a timetable I will be there with my suitcase and toothbrush!

All jokes aside, nicely written LW!Thumbsup

• GET COMFY Lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

In a galaxy far far away......there is a place where my ancestors live. and were I should return.

Being left on this lump of rock called earth has not been kind.

One day my own people will return to ask what we have learnt of this planet and the earthlings that reside here.

I shall tell them that thousands of years ago they showed much promise, but greed has all but destroyed any chance of earthlings continuing to exist as a whole . They are heading toward a planet that is  desolate and no longer has it’s protective atmosphere. And can no longer sustain plant life. A dying planet , they will fight to over come the destruction they have knowingly created but ultimately given many generations they will weep as they sit in there bubbles unable to go outside on a planet they destroyed .

So my people my journey here is all but complete, as an observer I can only be witness to continued destruction, beings that have lost all ability to see the beauty around them, they no longer heed the warnings that this planet gives as the weather becomes ever more extreme, oceans are dying, the fragile atmosphere that has taken millennium to create has been compromised and no longer is a viable protector of this planet.

So mission abort, this survey is all but complete. It serves no other purpose than to record the demise of the planet the beings and the flora and fauna.

Our attempts to educate these beings has not been successful, they were never able to use what we offered in a kind and sustainable way, greed got the better of them.

we came here and gave them much knowledge, we gave them abilities in science and engineering, we mingled amongst them, often rejected as being eccentric or just plain crazy, we gave them music to sooth the soul. Medicinal knowledge from the nature around them, they thought they could do better. , but our abilities and unique ability to give without reward was to much for them. Our inner love and kindness was unseen as it was considered a weakness. 

Please come and pick us all up. This planet is beyond our help.

() () () () ()

( I may have got a tiny bit carried away there folks Lol. It may not be a best seller, but I sure enjoyed letting my busy head bounce from one point to another like a firework shooting up high.)

( No alcohol or drugs were used in the making of this story)

• In a galaxy far, far, away...........

• A Battle-ship of the desert?

• There are some camel-milking clips on Youtube if anyone is thinking of trying it.

• Unlike cows, which can be separated from their calves and still produce milk, a camel will only "let down" milk when encouraged to do so by it's hungry offspring.   Disappointed