Childrens television programmes of the past

Being born in the fifties, and having my formative years in the sixties and seventies, I believe some of the best television programmes were those made for children. I am a great fan of programmes made for children, and even now think there is some quality work there.But some of the programmes of rhe past excelled in real quality.

For starting this thread I will include one or two of my favourites from the sixties to the eighties.

I will come back to this later with others, I think my avatar would indicate one of my favourites so that goes without saying, for the moment.

The Owl service, a programme made in the late sixties, a mystery about a tea service and the remote.locarion it was set in.

Follyfoot, with its theme tune about a farm for retired horses, the characer of Dora every lad in my year fell in love with

Children of the Stones, a very creepy tale set in Avebury, with similarities to the Wicker Man

The Witches and the Grinnygog, a tale of a gargoyle with a seemingly strange power.

Worzel Gummidge, with Jon Pertwee and Una Stubbs at their best.

Others to come, but opening up to reminiscences from other people.

Parents
  • I was born in 1959.  As a kid, I always enjoyed Bill and Ben, The Magic Roundabout, Vision On, Animal Magic, Batman (Adam West and Burt Ward), Thunderbirds, Lizzie Dripping and the Witch, Lost in Space... the list goes on!  As I got a bit older, in the early '70s, my absolute obsession was 'The Six-Million Dollar Man'.  I think inflation would have boosted that figure somewhat by now...

• I was born in 1959.  As a kid, I always enjoyed Bill and Ben, The Magic Roundabout, Vision On, Animal Magic, Batman (Adam West and Burt Ward), Thunderbirds, Lizzie Dripping and the Witch, Lost in Space... the list goes on!  As I got a bit older, in the early '70s, my absolute obsession was 'The Six-Million Dollar Man'.  I think inflation would have boosted that figure somewhat by now...

Children
  • Amazing at the time Batman was taken seriously and the deadpan humour was't recognised. I may have had the excuse that I am autistic then as now. I recognise Batman now as a brilliant parody of crime drama.

Lizzy dripping had in the tiitle character a future Blue Peter presenter. L