Copybots, Offlines, etc...

I'm getting really tired of these.  I'm sure you all are.

There was another thread posted a few minutes ago.  The content is very vague and general.  The poster doesn't mention autism or anything else specific, and doesn't have a proper username.  Is it worth spending time on a reply?  Or should I first spend time searching to see if it's actually a copy of an earlier thread?  I really don't feel I have the time to waste for either. 

And now I can't even post this yet because I've been 'temporarily disconnected' - which happens an awful lot, too.  It's all doing my head in.

Until this gets sorted out properly, I'm going to be taking time out.

All the best, folks.

Tom

Parents
  • For some reason, there's a word in my head:

Usenet

• Usenet

How do you even access it nowadays? It used to be a standard part of an internet connection, but ISPs now seem to assume now all you want is the web, and not necessarily all of that.  I used to get free posting accounts, but don't know where now. Are there good autism newsgroups? Have you tried alt.support.autism ?

I'm getting really tired of these.  I'm sure you all are.

I think there should be some long-term solution to copybot. I don't mind doing a public service helping vet things, but it would be more satisfying if we could stop it.  I'm wondering what Telligent (who make the forum software) are saying about it. Is 'Telligent' the opposite of 'intelligent'?Grinning

There was another thread posted a few minutes ago.  The content is very vague and general.  The poster doesn't mention autism or anything else specific, and doesn't have a proper username.  Is it worth spending time on a reply?  Or should I first spend time searching to see if it's actually a copy of an earlier thread?  I really don't feel I have the time to waste for either. 

Then don't. I hope you would still feel able to reply to people you know or start your own conversations.

And now I can't even post this yet because I've been 'temporarily disconnected' - which happens an awful lot, too.  It's all doing my head in.

I don't think they're expecting any more long offline periods. I haven't seen a 503 error since 5 July.

Until this gets sorted out properly, I'm going to be taking time out.

Always nice to see you here.

Paging @WebPM. Which doesn't work. Paging  instead.

• Then don't. I hope you would still feel able to reply to people you know or start your own conversations.

I'll stick with that for now.  I was just very frustrated last night.  It's not the 'Service 503' error.  I keep getting a pop-up from the NAS to say I've gone offline - attempting to reconnect.  There's nothing wrong with my internet connection.  It just seems to be this site.  Last night, I was attempting to post something for 20 minutes, but it kept going offline, then reconnecting briefly, then going offline again...

• If it helps to know... I agree with DongFeng5, there is absolutely no need for apology, there. I explain my response further... Apple versus Windows is an argument as old as Spectum versus Commodore (or Atari)... that was what I meant by it maybe starting another Thread. Again for this night, I say to anyone, Please do not worry about it...

...But I still miss my EEE-PC!     :-)

• Well, it was blunt, anyway.  And certainly not something I would otherwise have said.

• Dunno why you're apologising, really. I hadn't thought of it as rude. 

• Thanks, DongFeng.  Sorry... I really don't remember making that earlier comment, and I've changed it.  It's very strange.  I saw it and thought 'Why would I say that?'  I'm very sorry for any misunderstanding there.

I had a shameful amount to drink last night, but that's no excuse for rudeness.

• (Look, I'm sure you know this already, what with your brilliant writing and all, but maybe it'll help someone else on here...):

Ok, so you could open "notepad", switch on "word wrap" and type your post in that. 

You can save the file locally with Ctrl-S. 

Posting to the forum then becomes:

Ctrl-A

Ctrl-C

Ctrl-V (in the editing box on the forum)

• Sorry if I am butting in, but... a reply like this could start the sort of thing which would make up a Thread of its own.

I only use Windows (now) because Apple is too expensive, but given a choice I would use Linux, but I am waiting as if for-ever for them to bring out Hardware dedicated to it, rather than installing it. (Android is not the same thing, really.)

Anyone can ignore this Post if they want. I just miss my old EEE-PC, that is all... *sniffle*...

• Sorry if I am butting in, but... a reply like this could start the sort of thing which would make up a Thread of its own.

I only use Windows (now) because Apple is too expensive, but given a choice I would use Linux, but I am waiting as if for-ever for them to bring out Hardware dedicated to it, rather than installing it. (Android is not the same thing, really.)

Anyone can ignore this Post if they want. I just miss my old EEE-PC, that is all... *sniffle*...

Children
No Data