Autism show 2018

Did anybody go to this? I only just found about it through a YouTube channel. I would have loved to have gone. I’ll remember for next year as it seems they have them every year. 

Parents Reply Children
  • Yeah, just read the article and that’s exactly the sense that I got from watching the introductory video and reading the schedule. The first thing you notice on the video is how loud and busy the place is. I thought it was going to be autism heaven, lol! It sounds truly awful so my trip to autism land started and ended within about half an hour of my learning about it! Lol! It was a short lived journey but it does make me wonder what the charities etc are doing to promote and create greater opportunities for autistic people and what can they do if they’re coming from the premise that they’re the superior race? 

I’ve never heard of Lauri Love. 

• I’ve just been on their website and I got a very bad feeling. I only had to read the schedule to know that I didn’t want to be involved in it. I’ve just been writing my response, as a way of processing the bad feeling I got. And basically, they’ve got things fundamentally wrong. They are coming from a fundamental belief, that neurotypical people are the superior race and you can’t compete with that. It’s like arguing with an idiot. There will never be a winner. You have to disengage with people operating from that fundamental belief. NAS were there. They’re on the introduction video that you can watch from the Autism Show website.

I’ll read the article, thank you, although I already know I don’t want anything to do with the show. It is centred around parents and school but that’s not what put me off, as I learn from tips they give to kids. It’s the fundamental belief what it seems to be based on that puts me off.