Nothing to do with Autism, only about Takeaway Foods

Sorry to bother you good folks, about this, but I was just wondering. KFC are closing and re-opening a lot of branches lately. I just wondered if anyone else has noticed or can confirm that the real reason for doing this is nothing to do with "delivery problems", but rather the fact that they have to completely empty all of their storage facilities of Non-Halal Meat, before they can put Halal Meat in there...?

(The thing about Halal Meat is that it is not supposed to be with other Meat.)

I live in London, and KFCs which did not sell Halal Meat before, sell it now, I think, but it is Hot and so I cannot check this myself. I only post this now because when summer is over, this business will likely be over as well. What happens to this Thread after my saying this does not really matter, for I am only wondering if anyone else has noticed this. (There should be a little symbol upon a front door/window saying "HMC Certified", or something, which was not there before.)

Parents
  • Hi DC,

Sorry - I can't really help as I don't use KFC, McDonald's or any of those places.  I see them as the cause of so much suffering and destruction - and not just to human health.  Back earlier in the year, KFC were reportedly having problems getting hold of sufficient quantities of chicken.  Amazing, considering all the billions and billions of meat chickens that are bred for fast-food and supermarkets every year.  Apparently - and even more amazing, or maybe not considering the way people can be - the police were getting 999 calls from 'concerned' and 'angry' members of the public about the (temporary) closure of outlets.  People were even writing to their MPs about the 'crisis'.  It's a bit of a sad reflection on modern life, I think, when people like that can get into a panic over lack of junk-food, but appear indifferent to the fact that the North Atlantic Garbage Patch (largely composed of plastic waste) is now twice the size of France.  I also read that 40% of millenials don't bother to recycle because they find it too time-consuming.  Presumably because it means being away from Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and Twitter for whole minutes at a time!

• the North Atlantic Garbage Patch (largely composed of plastic waste) is now twice the size of France

The great Pacific Garbage patch is 1.6 million kilometers! 1.6 million! Plastic and paper were phased out due to "economic concerns". Now the world has massive problems that big industry and government have "solutions" for.  I don't really like Nitzsche but "Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule" is fitting for the whole discussion we're all touching on here. Maybe insanity is the defence for a very clever economic crime though.

I think there are a number of exceptions and negating factors as to why some people buy junk food. I out a big thing above but I don't feel it's a totally black and white thing. Obviously though there are better places than others.

• the North Atlantic Garbage Patch (largely composed of plastic waste) is now twice the size of France

The great Pacific Garbage patch is 1.6 million kilometers! 1.6 million! Plastic and paper were phased out due to "economic concerns". Now the world has massive problems that big industry and government have "solutions" for.  I don't really like Nitzsche but "Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule" is fitting for the whole discussion we're all touching on here. Maybe insanity is the defence for a very clever economic crime though.

I think there are a number of exceptions and negating factors as to why some people buy junk food. I out a big thing above but I don't feel it's a totally black and white thing. Obviously though there are better places than others.

Children
No Data