Documentry about Temple Grandin" on BBC Four tonight

There is a documentry (may be a repeat) about Temple Grandin" on BBC Four 22:30 tonight:

www.bbc.co.uk/.../b00791tq

Parents
  • Greetings. It is good to have a Thread highlighting things like this every now and again. I am (sort of) recording the program just now (!!), and cannot really watch it just now...

Until this Thread was Posted, of course, I had never heard of this person. But I read the links and the "related" Threads below...

I was most of all wondering, if this Thread is to discuss Miss Grandin in general, her Autism, or about Animal Communication (linked to Autism)? Please specify, for I have a bit to say about that last including a Thread I myself began a while ago.

Hiwever There is nothing wrong with general discussion, of course... (But I am not good at that, though...)

EDIT: I have seen the program, now. Not much about animal communication, but it begins about Autism yet then focusses upon Cattle Slaughter...! I can understand this, but can also understand why this may put off a lot of people following this Lady, Autism or not...

The Animal Communication bit was only very briefly mentioned (pictures of Dogs). I could take back or even delete this Post... but, well, I am not doing that. Anyone else, make of all this whatever you will... but although I myself eat meat, Beef is not a favourite, and this program was worded even suggesting that Miss Grandin had found a "cure" for her Autism through understanding Animals.

I am not criticising the programme, I only simply do not know what to make of it. (Yes, the date was BBC MMVI (2006), too.)

• I watched it too. I think that through her books, lectures and fame she has created a bridge of understanding between neurotypicals and neurodiverse. She has never wished to cure her autism, she has said that she likes the way she thinks and loves her work. I'm glad that the animals on their way to slaughter aren't terrified, that's a small kindness in a world where farming and meat consumption won't end (unfortunately). I would have loved to have seen more footage of her helping companion animals. Only a brief montage was shown at the end of the documentary. I am looking forward to reading her books on ASD in women. 

• I agree with all of this,  (Although I am a sort of Carnivore, still.)

And...

I would have loved to have seen more footage of her helping companion animals. Only a brief montage was shown at the end of the documentary.

Yes, I agree with this most of all. Maybe one day, or in some book about this Lady...?

• I agree with all of this,  (Although I am a sort of Carnivore, still.)

And...

I would have loved to have seen more footage of her helping companion animals. Only a brief montage was shown at the end of the documentary.

Yes, I agree with this most of all. Maybe one day, or in some book about this Lady...?

Children
No Data