Procrastination

Speaking of procrastination.

Today.....  I finally took down my Christmas tree.

Parents
  • Did you do that thing where the Xmas tree just became part of the background that is totally invisible after the first couple of weeks? That's what usually happens to me with that kind of thing eventually.  Oh, that Xmas tree!

I was quite proud of myself today.  I managed to call DWP to chase up my PIP back-payments.  It's only taken me since this time last week to finally pick up the phone! (I'll have that awful, butchered piece of classical "muzac" looping round my head for the next few days now - aargh!)

I'm going to have to replace the carpet in this room when I move out - I'll have worn crop-circles in it with all my pacing around.

• It was only a small 3 1/2 foot tall tree on the living room table.  And I have had no visitors here this year.  So nobody to remind me to do it.

I live like a recluse.  I don't invite people and nobody visits.  

With the summer solstice coming up.  I decided enough was enough.

I live in a rented flat.  The carpet supplied by the landlord is awful, cream coloured and dirty with stains.  So I have put down colourful rugs everywhere and I walk around in my bare feet.

• I live like a recluse.  I don't invite people and nobody visits.

Sounds rather like me.  My landlady lives in the room below, and we share a kitchen.  I occasionally bump into her for five minutes once a fortnight or so. I have almost certainly spoken ten times as many words to her cat as I have her!

I should point out, the landlady is very sweet (and mercifully very quiet) and we get on just fine - probably because she sees so little of me!

• I live like a recluse.  I don't invite people and nobody visits.

Sounds rather like me.  My landlady lives in the room below, and we share a kitchen.  I occasionally bump into her for five minutes once a fortnight or so. I have almost certainly spoken ten times as many words to her cat as I have her!

I should point out, the landlady is very sweet (and mercifully very quiet) and we get on just fine - probably because she sees so little of me!

Children
No Data