stem cell therapy for autism.

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I have googled and found a stem cell therapy treatment for autism. Does anyone knows about this treatment or any one got this treatment? please reply.

Thanks.

• No. Snake oil salesmen. As Cassandro says there are no concrete causes for Autism. Most experts agree that it is a complex issue if anything there are a lot of contributing factors.

Firstly they don't even know which neurological pathways or specific areas of the brain to target. Secondly they mostly administer stem cells to a specific area of damage or effect. There aren't any. Thirdly stem cells are usually administered intraveneously (through the blood). How would the cells be absorbed into the brain? It's not like it's a renal or respiratory issue. They are simple organs compared to the brain. Avoid!

• (Cassandro's answer is the best, so please heed that. (That This is probably a Scam. ) 

CBT and BrainWaves are the things to be looking at, with regards to Autism.)

• Stem Cells are Cells which can grow into absolutely anything else, such as arms, legs, brains, or whatever. Thus there is no reason why stem cells would grow into either an NT or an ASD "fully-finished"-person.

Stem Cell Therapy should stick to curing Cancer, viruses, or Infections, for these ARE a problem. Autism is not life threatening (!), and so I would say that this is a waste of money. And if they have the money and ability, then they aught to leave off from "curing" something which is about as much a "problem" as anyone being Black or Illiterate.

(Sorry, if that was a bit of a "rant", there?)

• Stem cell therapy for being neurotypical on the other hand...

The sooner a 'cure' is found for neurotypicals, the sooner the world will be a saner place ...

• I can only say that any proposed stem cell treatment for autism must be a scam. Not enough is known about the neurology or genetics of the many 'causes' of autism to even begin modification to the brain, and any such treatment would take a decade to come to the point even of clinical trials. If you've found something like this, I would consider alerting police or medical regulators.

It looks like some of the scammers have tried pushing something like this on the forum before. I see a little discussion, and some deleted threads:
    http://community.autism.org.uk/f/parents-and-carers/8442/stem-cell-treatment/42444
    You can see more on the right.

The question of whether such a 'treatment' is ethical or wise or desired is somewhat separate, eg:
    http://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/6691/as-people-please-can-you-help-me/35483

Stem cell therapy for being neurotypical on the other hand... Grinning