Blocking threads from someone?

Is it possible to block threads from one person so that you don't see them? 

I find posts from one person offensive, it's just me I think, but I would rather not be upset by them.

I don't read them once I have worked out it is them but wondered if I could just not see them?

Parents
No Data
  • Yep, I agree with that, which is why I feel angry with myself as indeed you are that someone for me. I don't actually think people have a problem with this in itself, it's more the obvious generalisation, obvious because every reader automatically, just by means of language, is your enemy, which is certainly not the case, judging from responses and also a lot of people here have similar issues in some way and are therefore rather on your side really. (Over-)generalising is probably something lots of us do, ASD or not, often without being aware of it at all, I'm certainly guilty of it too. But if we are aware of doing it, then this is something we can address and perhaps change a bit by being precise about who or what exactly we think is the problem or is to be blamed for some kind of injustice or bad treatment. It's not only something that may help to find people and things we can trust but generalising less also means that the one that should actually be addressed can't get away so easily with pretending it isn't them, it must be someone else because it could be anyone. Not saying that this will result in any change, but maybe it's a start. Unfortunately it may also make vulnerable to being kicked out here which is a very sad thing, not sure what can be done about this but again if there is any solution it probably requires addressing individuals.

Anyway, maybe becoming an individual with a name instead of a number is a way of showing respect to oneself? It's a little thing really, but perhaps better than nothing.  

Children
  • Anyway, maybe becoming an individual with a name instead of a number is a way of showing respect to oneself?

Gulp, I’m not doing very well there then!

To be perfectly honest, I hadn’t changed my number as I had no idea what to change it to and I hoped my avatar would be enough to help others identify me. Also, I’m quite good at recognising numbers in threads, so it makes little difference to me whether number or name, but now I’m rethinking my position on this one...

• by being precise about who or what exactly we think is the problem or is to be blamed for some kind of injustice or bad treatment.

I very much support this part and so I requote it.

(...To "Song"...: Given my own "track record" upon this Forum, I am assuming that by blocking a certain person that does not mean myself...? Although I do at times very much live up to my UserName here.. even though not everyone knows what it means...!)