DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY-ARTS AND CRAFTS

I am having fun trying to upload images which are two large of knitting and crochet projects,  these add colour and interest to topics and I will succeed in the end.  Does anyone

enjoy digital photography, knitting or crochet?  

• Like photography, but have to limit myself since it annoys my wife. 

To add to Tom's plug for Gimp, there's also https://www.darktable.org/

I haven't used it (yet) but will probably switch to it within the next 12 months. 

• I reduced the resolution to upload it.  If you click on it, it brings it up to the actual size.  I mess around with images all the time.  I especially like doing photo-montages.  Here's another.  Everything in the picture was a separate image.  Took a little while with the shadowing, and 'weathering' the furniture...

• Cool. Do you have any others? How big is that?

...Supposedly, if you select it, and download it, you should find out...?

• Cool. Do you have any others? How big is that?

• One of my creations, entitled 'Falling into the Rug'!

• I transfer images from phone to laptop via Dropbox. Not sure if you could download Dropbox onto a Kindle tablet though

• Aworkround would be to use an online photo sharing app.I use flickr (www.flickr.com).  It is free and you can choose to make your pictures private, for friends or family only, or to viewable to everyone. You could then upload them there from one drive and share them here either through the web adress of the picture or download it and share.

Or....

Your kindle can be connected to your pc via the charging cable and the pictures put onto the kindles sd card if you have one, or you could put the sd card into a reader and put it int o the computer and transfer the pictures that way.  You could then share them here. You can download them from flickr in different resolutions.

However I just wondered why you need them transferred to the kindle from one drive to post them. Pronably something I have not thouhht of, but why dont you post directly from your pc locating them from the one drive?

• This Reply is to "Song". I am not certain if you can do this, or if it will help, but, the main thing is to have some sort of PC to which you can connect your Kindle...

Either upon your Kindle or the PC is needed some sort of Picture Editing Software (perhaps someone else can recommend some? Or you may find it for yourself.)...

Finally, in order to Post here, what is to be done is to use that Software, in order to change the Picture to either Under 1MB in Size, or just Under 800 x 800 Pixels, and then to save it as a JPEG. "Flatten" it if you can.

That should allow you to be able to Post Pictures here (Upon the NAS Forum). Good Luck.

• Taking photos of my work is a means to an end, though it can be enjjoyable. I use reflective colours such as gold and silver with interference colours as well as glass fragments and want to catch these in a photo. I have used my photos in print-on-demand capalogues and most people are amazed when I tell them I did the photos with my phone. On the other hand it can be frustrating if I am asked to produce a photo and then find out the specifications theynt go far beyond do may megapixels or size.

• I have hundreds of photos of my projects but I have Never worked out how to get them from the onedrive onto my kindle to post them.

• Of you ever do decide to try just message me and I will send you some stuff ok

• Thanks, Song. That's a lovely offer.  I think, with how things are just now, I'll keep it on the back-burner as something to come back to.  I enjoy making simple things like friendship bracelets, and I also like Origami.

Thanks anyway, though Slight smile

• As you know I love knitting and crochet. Never knowingly without yarn and needles or hook and of course a book.

• Hi Tom, if you really would like to try knitting i have a massive collection of needles and yarn i could send you some over to start you off. Or if you are brave enough i could meet up with you for a lesson ( when I was really brave i taught an after school club knitting at our local primary school)

• Hi Bardic Poet. One of my main interests is digital image editing and creating digital artwork.  I enjoy making memes - especially ones where I can create photo montages, and put politicians in compromising situations!  ;-)  I use Gimp,  the free, open source image editing program similar to Photoshop.  You can download it in a few minutes.  There's a lot to learn, and after several years I'm still only scratching the surface with its capabilities. Image size or resolution reduction is easy,  though.  Sounds like your images are too big. Try reducing the resolution and it should work. I've not tried knitting, but I like that kind of thing, so will give it a try sometime.  I'm sure it would be good for reducing anxiety.