National Key Scheme for toilets.

I have had a 'Radar' National Key Scheme key for some time.

I find public toilets impossible, they are smelly and unhygeinic with wet (urine) soaked floors, rudimentary handwashing facilities, and only slightly better than wetting myself. I will only use one when absolutely desperate.   I therefore thought that as I was Autistic I would get a key so I could use the 'disabled' toilet.

Problem is, I cannot bring myself to use it.  I do not have a wheelchair or have physical problems using a 'normal' toilet.  The problems I have are a mental aversion.  On the odd occasion I have used the 'disabled' toilet (what a strange name, it is not the toilet that is disabled, it works perfectly!) it is because the normal one is out of use.  And it has always been a lot cleaner and more pleasant.

So should I just grit my teeth and bear the normal toilets?  Or should I ignore the (perceived) thoughts of those who think I should not use the disabled toilet.  Or is it the case I should not use the disabled toilet at all as they are only intended for those who are physically disabled?

Parents
  • The regulars on this site know me as the guy who photographs everything.

Including public toilets Grin

I came across these disgusting ones on my travels.

• Hi Robert 123 .

These loos still seem pretty decent to me - in comparison to some of the atrocious things I have come across.

I mean: there is toilet paper (!!!!) and there' s a functioning seat that can be covered in the toilet paper. The dirt on the floor looks like dirty damp floor with no obvious excrements smeared all over the floor, seat or walls.  There is no sanitary protection littering the floor.

Top tip number 1: when using a loo with a wet floor: first pull up or fold up your trouser legs if you are wearing trousers before you pull your trousers down :-) 

Tip 2 you can buy paper toilet seat covers.

Tip 3: use a tissue to touch doors and locks and taps.

Tip 4: don't drop anything on the floor :D 

I like the pictures. I can almost feel the atmosphere there. (And smell it)

PS I have a question for you

If you also take pictures of things: my phone automatically uploads everything to I-cloud, I have paid to expand my i-cloud, but because I take too many photo's I don't delete, that is also getting full up and I am feeling stressed about it because I don't have a computer brain.  
    In the old days, I accepted my photo's got lost if I didn't do something about it, but now as it happens automatically I can't bring myself to actually delete them, and the next I-cloud back up is very expensive. Have you got a system?

• I downloaded images to a computer.  Process them, this includes deleting undesirable ones.  Then I back them up onto SD cards that go into tablets and mobile phones.

I also organise them by year/month and event or place visited.

• Lonewarrior, lets start a new topic. But what shall we call it... and where to start it - adult or miscellaneous chat?  And what should the name of the topic be :-) 

Reply Children
No Data