Snow!

We so rarely get it in my corner of south-east England.  This morning, we've a real blizzard!  I can't go to work because the day centre's shut with the weather.

So... I've been out and taken some photos...

• I like the top one better, the better one looks a bit creepy to me. The top one looks beautiful. 

• Last day of winter.  ( I hope).  Snow melting.  Pond full of wet ice.

Question,. Which is better?

Reality?

Or Artistic/Autistic reality?

• That book looks great AngelDust, I’ve just got it on kindle. I’m going to tell Orinoco about it as well, I think they’ll appreciate it too. Thank you. 

• Thank you AngelDust, I’ll get that book. I find great joy and comfort in my burnouts so I love the title. I’m gonna have a look on amazon for it now. Thank you Pray tone3 

• Hi BlueRay,

I really wanted to reply to something you said in response to Edwards 'making friends' post, but I didn’t want to detract from his post, so I hope it will be okay for me to say it here instead…

You mentioned burnout… I know what it is like to be engulfed in that ‘Dark Night of the Soul’ myself, and what I wanted to say is that I would highly recommend the book ‘The Joy of Burnout’ by Gina Glouberman.

Relaxed

• It’s melting away here, I don’t mind, it was nice while it lasted. I ate far too much food. I went out to eat and now I feel positively sick! I want to cry I feel so uncomfortable ~ why?!?!?!?!? Why did I do it?!?!? Lol! 

• Be careful even with wet snow.  My sister once slipped on a small piece of wet slush, walking a short distance from her garden gate to her car parked on the road  and broke her hand.

• Very heavy now, road covered, may have trouble getting back home,whoops.

• Well it has just started again, (19:11)heavy snow but quite wet, blizzard like, and just when it was thawing out nicely.

oxfordshire area,very north,

sat in a supermarket cafe after indulgence of strong mug of filter coffee, free Wi-Fi. No food blah!

a lot of drifted snow made” A “ roads a bit tricky, drifts on one side.

tried to upload pictures but as usual,,,no way!

()

• I hope you had snow balls at the ready and you blasted those guys. I’m not a great shot when throwing but I do my best when it comes to snow balls. 

• It's cold up north.

Although It's Saturday, Yorkshire water are out looking for leaks.

• Big thaw here overnight, and carrying on today.  Water running everywhere.  Nice though it's been to see it, and to have some time off, I hope it's all gone by Tuesday.  I don't want to lose any more money.

• Just been hearing on the news that the M62 motorway has reopened after being closed due to snow.

Which is very ironic.  I remember when it was being completed in the 1970s.  And it was being described as the all year round weather resistant motorway.  That wouldn't close due to bad winter weather.

• It sounds like you landed on your feet, so to speak, or on your bum or back, meaning you found a place to sleep pretty quickly and easily. Nice work Ok hand tone3 I still commend you on letting the landlord know, that was very diligent and kind of you as well as thoughtful. I’m afraid I sometimes fall short in being thoughtful. I don’t mind, I’m long since past wishing I was better at the things I’m not too good at. I know that if I do need to improve on something, I can work on it but somethings I just let go. Nobodies perfect and I don’t try to be anymore. 

• The full situation was that it was a four bedroom terraced house.  I was renting one room and a group of three student girls rented the rest of the house.  The landlord lived on the same street about 10 houses away.  When I decided to leave I put a note into my rent book explaining the frozen situation and posted it through his letter box.

Then i moved in with a friend who was living in a town south of Barnsley called Worsborough Bridge.  He was working in Barnsley itself.  His girlfriend was working in Sheffield. So I got a lift into Sheffield every morning.

• Now that’s where I lack in responsibility, I’m not sure if I would have informed anybody. I think I would have just left. You are a very conscientious person Mr Robert. 

• I remember my birthday many years ago when we had lots of snow, much more than we have now. It was such a treat for me but most other people were not so happy as they thought it shouldn’t be snowing at this time of year so they seemed to be angry with the weather for doing something out of order, it was supposed to be spring, they said, and they weren’t happy, they didn’t enjoy it like me, they were too angry with the weather for giving snow in the wrong month. And they said I was weird and controlling! Lol! At least I didn’t try and control the weather or get angry with it if it gave some kind of weather that they didn’t think appropriate for the month. I didn’t have a clue what the weather was supposed to be doing in any given month anyway, I clearly never learned that one which didn’t/doesn’t bother me because it means that I am happy with the weather, whatever it decides to do, I don’t chain it down to do certain things on certain days of the year although I do like snow at Christmas, but I don’t get upset or angry if we don’t have it. I find people get annoyed with the weather even when they’re not even planning on going out in it. I find it fascinating how many people complain about and get angry with the weather. I don’t get it, but then I don’t get many things in this life! Lol! Such as life! 

• I did the responsible thing  I informed the landlord and left.

• Lol, smart move Robert, I would have done the same thing!