Snow!

We so rarely get it in my corner of south-east England.  This morning, we've a real blizzard!  I can't go to work because the day centre's shut with the weather.

So... I've been out and taken some photos...

Parents
  • Greetings from here in London. And also in preferring that this Post does not "anger" the Weather into doing what I am about to highlight...

So long as the air is cold, then Snow remains just that: Crystallized Water. (<> .) And it is like sand, and it may be frisked and handled and easily moved about, and the entire business remains very jolly.

The reason for any trouble is not "Snow" at all, but is ICE. When Snow melts, or lands upon a thing which heats it...then what is gained is being slippery, sharp, dangerous, painful, "Black Ice", Train-Cancellations, and so forth.

Snow, Slush, Ice, and Rain are often mixed up. But, Here in London, so far, with regards to this new Thread... I myself might have gained a Camera to Post an entertaining picture as well... but if I did, then the Camera Flash might have melted all of it...!       ;-)

• Greetings from here in London. And also in preferring that this Post does not "anger" the Weather into doing what I am about to highlight...

So long as the air is cold, then Snow remains just that: Crystallized Water. (<> .) And it is like sand, and it may be frisked and handled and easily moved about, and the entire business remains very jolly.

The reason for any trouble is not "Snow" at all, but is ICE. When Snow melts, or lands upon a thing which heats it...then what is gained is being slippery, sharp, dangerous, painful, "Black Ice", Train-Cancellations, and so forth.

Snow, Slush, Ice, and Rain are often mixed up. But, Here in London, so far, with regards to this new Thread... I myself might have gained a Camera to Post an entertaining picture as well... but if I did, then the Camera Flash might have melted all of it...!       ;-)

Children
No Data