Doing only what you love

A few years ago, I said to my mentor, that I loved doing whatever I was doing. He said, that’s interesting, I only do what I love. 

I had no idea what he was talking about at the time but I felt that he had said something profound, so I allowed this thought to sink in and once I realised what it meant, I also made the decision to do only what I love. 

It was one of the best decisions I ever made because now, I do only what I love. 

How many other people only do what they love and what is their reason for not doing what they love, if that’s the case.

It has created an interesting and exciting journey for me because prior to this, I didn’t really know what I loved doing, I’m still exploring that and it’s been fascinating to see how I’ve lived many years without a clue about what I loved doing. Now I love exploring and finding out what I love to do. 

Parents
  • I only do what I love. But, I do have very simple tastes.

I love being with my family, so I spend all of my free time with them.

I work a minimum wage job that I really enjoy, because I have no interest in a high-flying career that takes up my time and mental energy. So I know that I'm not tied down by needing a certain salary if I ever stopped enjoying my job, and I have free time without worrying about any commitments.

What makes me happy is just living the easy life, to maximise time with my loved ones, so that's exactly what I do. And if there's ever anything I'm not happy with in my life, I just change it.

• That is so heartwarming and inspiring Blade. I too have simple tastes. I love how you have set your work life up and how you have all bases covered. You’re a true joy and a gift to this world and you’re  following in the foot steps of one of our great inventors, Steve Jobs. He used to look in the mirror every day and ask himself, if today was my last day on earth, would I be doing what I’m about  to do today. And if he got a no, three times running, he simply changed what he was doing. Thank you for being you and for being a true blessing to this world. Your loving contribution touches not only your blessed family, but it reaches every corner of the universe, touching everyone in it with your calm and loving ways. None of us lives in isolation, we all touch each other, near and far. Radio waves can only travel in a straight line and from one specific point to another but the life force within us moves in every direction, reaching every point and I am truly grateful for the love and good feelings you send out to me and each and everyone of us. The world needs more Blades. Two heartsRevolving heartsSparkling heart

• That is so heartwarming and inspiring Blade. I too have simple tastes. I love how you have set your work life up and how you have all bases covered. You’re a true joy and a gift to this world and you’re  following in the foot steps of one of our great inventors, Steve Jobs. He used to look in the mirror every day and ask himself, if today was my last day on earth, would I be doing what I’m about  to do today. And if he got a no, three times running, he simply changed what he was doing. Thank you for being you and for being a true blessing to this world. Your loving contribution touches not only your blessed family, but it reaches every corner of the universe, touching everyone in it with your calm and loving ways. None of us lives in isolation, we all touch each other, near and far. Radio waves can only travel in a straight line and from one specific point to another but the life force within us moves in every direction, reaching every point and I am truly grateful for the love and good feelings you send out to me and each and everyone of us. The world needs more Blades. Two heartsRevolving heartsSparkling heart

Children
No Data