Cemetery Road: a blog

Hi folks,

If anyone's interested, I've started a new blog.  It's part-truth, part-fiction - and I'm not going to say how much of each!  Some of it may be obvious.

It's a bit of fun, really - something to keep me going between other projects.  It helps me to get through the evenings and weekends, anyway - and keeps my fingers typing.

It's pretty much self-explanatory: the life of a middle-aged no-hoper.  Humorously cynical is the tone I'm going for.  Hope I manage it.  Not overtly about autism, but the indications are there.

Two short posts so far.  'My Heart is in Havana' and 'Shove Thy Neighbour'.

*CONTENT WARNING*

- strong, graphic language

- sexual references

- substance misuse

Cemetery Road: notes from a half-life

It's written under a pseudonym, too, so no identity divulgence...

Parents
  • That’s great Tom, I enjoyed reading that. I would like Robert to do something similar as well as I also really enjoy reading his stories of the neighbours etc. 

• Read the blog and very interesting and enjoyable.

Unfortunately my writing  is inferior in style to our friend Martian Tom.  At school I was ungraded in 'O' level English Literature.  And I still consider myself disabled and backwards when it comes to writing.

My anecdotes are true.  It's just that many are so insane situations that I'm embarrassed by not realising sooner what was really going on.  And I find it difficult to read other people's motivations and ulterior motives.

• Your writing is fine, Robert.  I failed everything at school.  I was in my late 20s before I even understood the difference between a verb and a noun.  I started writing when I was 10.  It was my escape from the world.  It's been a long journey.  Don't worry about style, mate.  Just write.

• Your writing is fine, Robert.  I failed everything at school.  I was in my late 20s before I even understood the difference between a verb and a noun.  I started writing when I was 10.  It was my escape from the world.  It's been a long journey.  Don't worry about style, mate.  Just write.

Children
No Data