Is Aspergers the next evolutionary step for humans?

• Here is a thought:

”What if we are not odd, but Aspergers is the next step in evolution for humans?”

We are no less loving or empathetic than other humans.  As someone once said, we perhaps feel too much. 

So perhaps we evolutionary firsts!

Parents
  • So to push on the debate.  Would it be fair to say that NT are still primarily stuck in a reactive, primitive way of thinking?  Would it be fair to say that the advancements in human kind came from those who appear to be on the ASD?

For example:

physicists Einstein, Feynman etc

Computer genius Jobs, Gates etc

Just a thought.

• NT’s aren’t thinking at all, they are simply following what they have been taught to think, they are simply blindly following the dictates of somebody else. This has been a necessary requirement for building sustainable communities, societies and empires. Autistic people have less tolerance of this behaviour. We find it almost impossible to simply go along with and think what somebody else wants us to think and so, we have found ourselves at the forefront of any real advancements in the world. If a person cannot think for himself or if he chooses to give that responsibility over to somebody else, he can never come up with something new. That job is ours my friend and we are leading the way in so many wonderful ways, mostly unseen to the human eye. 

What the world needs now more than ever, is not more buildings, more rules, more laws, more restrictions, more punishments, more rewards. It needs more love, more unconditional love, more honesty and kindness, more understanding and acceptance, more of what really matters, each other, not our outer roles and appeareances, we’re moving beyond that and autistic people are coming out in force now to quietly and gently but definitely lead the way back to the heart. 

To work with somebody who is so called ‘severely’ autistic, a person needs patience, understanding, unconditional love, unconditional positive regard, they must have a non judgemental and person centred approach. These are all qualities that are non negotiable and they are valued over high school education or university degrees. 

If a person has been caring for such a person (missnamed ‘severely’ autistic), over time, the qualities they have to assume when at work, will spill over into their day to day life. They will find they are much more understanding, patient, kind and supportive to those around them who then in turn begin to take on these qualities to those around them. 

I used to hate having a voice and one which is articulate. I used to want to be mute. But last year when I realised I was autistic, my friend who is married to an autistic guy and has two autistic children, made me realise that my voice isn’t a curse. She said it’s a gift, be proud of it and use it for what it was intended. To help, support and speak up for those who are unable to do so for themselves. That’s what we’re here for isn’t it? To help each other, to live together in joy and harmony, peace and understanding. Each having our own unique ways, each bringing our own gift of joy to the world. 

Autistic people, by our very natures, are brining into the world more of what it needs right now. We do that, just by being alive. We don’t have to make any special efforts, we need simply be ourselves and by being ourselves, we are bringing into the world, more of what we need right now. 

There are no accidents in the universe. Our brother, Mr Einstein (an autistic), proved that. People may say, oh, there’s more autistic people in the world right now because the diagnostic criteria has changed. There are more autistic people in the world right now whether or not we are ever diagnosed. The diagnosis doesn’t make us autistic. Many of us on here grew up without a diagnosis, yet we were still most definitely autistic. Our appearance in the world is no mistake and it is certainly no accident. Accidents don’t happen and neither do mistakes. That’s something (mistakes), that some man invented so he could train other people to do his bidding ~ create a thing called a mistake and get people to not only believe in it but to be sorry and remorseful and even more willing to do his bidding, every time a person makes one of these things. Mistakes our a gift from the universe. An opportunity to start again with more knowledge and more awareness. Not something we should fear and be sorry for. 

Ask yourself honestly. What does the world need more of? Who is most qualified to bring these qualities into the world? 

• NT’s aren’t thinking at all, they are simply following what they have been taught to think, they are simply blindly following the dictates of somebody else. This has been a necessary requirement for building sustainable communities, societies and empires. Autistic people have less tolerance of this behaviour. We find it almost impossible to simply go along with and think what somebody else wants us to think and so, we have found ourselves at the forefront of any real advancements in the world. If a person cannot think for himself or if he chooses to give that responsibility over to somebody else, he can never come up with something new. That job is ours my friend and we are leading the way in so many wonderful ways, mostly unseen to the human eye. 

What the world needs now more than ever, is not more buildings, more rules, more laws, more restrictions, more punishments, more rewards. It needs more love, more unconditional love, more honesty and kindness, more understanding and acceptance, more of what really matters, each other, not our outer roles and appeareances, we’re moving beyond that and autistic people are coming out in force now to quietly and gently but definitely lead the way back to the heart. 

To work with somebody who is so called ‘severely’ autistic, a person needs patience, understanding, unconditional love, unconditional positive regard, they must have a non judgemental and person centred approach. These are all qualities that are non negotiable and they are valued over high school education or university degrees. 

If a person has been caring for such a person (missnamed ‘severely’ autistic), over time, the qualities they have to assume when at work, will spill over into their day to day life. They will find they are much more understanding, patient, kind and supportive to those around them who then in turn begin to take on these qualities to those around them. 

I used to hate having a voice and one which is articulate. I used to want to be mute. But last year when I realised I was autistic, my friend who is married to an autistic guy and has two autistic children, made me realise that my voice isn’t a curse. She said it’s a gift, be proud of it and use it for what it was intended. To help, support and speak up for those who are unable to do so for themselves. That’s what we’re here for isn’t it? To help each other, to live together in joy and harmony, peace and understanding. Each having our own unique ways, each bringing our own gift of joy to the world. 

Autistic people, by our very natures, are brining into the world more of what it needs right now. We do that, just by being alive. We don’t have to make any special efforts, we need simply be ourselves and by being ourselves, we are bringing into the world, more of what we need right now. 

There are no accidents in the universe. Our brother, Mr Einstein (an autistic), proved that. People may say, oh, there’s more autistic people in the world right now because the diagnostic criteria has changed. There are more autistic people in the world right now whether or not we are ever diagnosed. The diagnosis doesn’t make us autistic. Many of us on here grew up without a diagnosis, yet we were still most definitely autistic. Our appearance in the world is no mistake and it is certainly no accident. Accidents don’t happen and neither do mistakes. That’s something (mistakes), that some man invented so he could train other people to do his bidding ~ create a thing called a mistake and get people to not only believe in it but to be sorry and remorseful and even more willing to do his bidding, every time a person makes one of these things. Mistakes our a gift from the universe. An opportunity to start again with more knowledge and more awareness. Not something we should fear and be sorry for. 

Ask yourself honestly. What does the world need more of? Who is most qualified to bring these qualities into the world? 

Children
No Data