deeper truths

so i am a fan of a video game called undertale and one of the main reasons is because it has so many morals and moments and things you can learn from it heck i heard of a man who got his will back to live from this game anyways the main thing i'm getting too is how i show people these things like moments that made my cry on the inside or morals you learn from moments of the game and they just go "cool" and that's it and i don't like that because people don't seem to get the meanings behind these moments and characters and the strange things is people can react like that to books and movies but not this game and not just undertale but other things as well that i fell in love with because of some of this and people just don't seem to care as much as i do and that kinda makes me feel like i'm the only one who got the "feels" in amazing videos made by fans that portray these moments perfectly like (you will only know these if you played undertale) when undyne became undyne the undying and what she said before and after and papyrus always believing in you and sans and even mettaton and asriel and both pacifist and genocide and more so what i'm saying is that people don't seem to get  the morals and meanings like i do and even if i tell them they will just go "cool".

Parents
  • Wow!  That's a long sentence, but I think I get the gist of it!

I'm not really a gamer.  I get those things you describe from reading - especially short stories and poetry.  The big guns for me are people like Raymond Carver and Charles Bukowski.  Carver's fiction and poetry taught me so much: about what love is (and isn't), and the power of meaning in the simplest and most ordinary of things.  Bukowski taught me (as Carver did, but in a different way) that it's okay to be me.  To be different.  To be the lone wolf.  To be an outcast.  I re-read these two guys constantly - especially when I'm feeling low and bad about myself.  They always make me sit up and take notice.  They always renew my confidence.

• Martian Tom that is exactly how I feel about my game.

• They are your feelings and they are valid and good, I often get a parallel feeling with music and it completely floors me that no one else is getting it, at best they think it's 'good' music, but they are not really listening. I'm nearly fifty now and only just realising that other people not feeling the same at the same prompts doesn't make my feelings invalid, or the other person cold or ignorant. I still find it hard to accept that my feelings and opinions are worthy without someone else identifying and agreeing. We feel what we feel and we have to learn to trust it as important without outside validation.

I don't think I've quite said what I mean as usual, but I tried.

• I think that for many of us emotion overwhelms very easily, lots of things, especially music can reduce me to tears. But I learned long ago that this is not a welcome response in most of the world as they don't know what to do, I wouldn't know what to do if someone did that in front of me either, it's confusing. 'Why doesn't everyone feel like I do?' Maybe everyone actually thinks this but I think we are a group who feel it acutely and are as acutely aware of being out of step with the majority.

We're ok people though, sensitivity is 'cool' and we just have to find some confidence (perhaps that's just me). 

Be touched by your video game, it's all part of your uniqueness and precious if only to you in your immediate environment. Some of us understand what you mean though.

• spotty I also can feel that about music and games and lots of things.

Reply Children
  • I think that for many of us emotion overwhelms very easily, lots of things, especially music can reduce me to tears. But I learned long ago that this is not a welcome response in most of the world as they don't know what to do, I wouldn't know what to do if someone did that in front of me either, it's confusing. 'Why doesn't everyone feel like I do?' Maybe everyone actually thinks this but I think we are a group who feel it acutely and are as acutely aware of being out of step with the majority.

We're ok people though, sensitivity is 'cool' and we just have to find some confidence (perhaps that's just me). 

Be touched by your video game, it's all part of your uniqueness and precious if only to you in your immediate environment. Some of us understand what you mean though.