deeper truths

so i am a fan of a video game called undertale and one of the main reasons is because it has so many morals and moments and things you can learn from it heck i heard of a man who got his will back to live from this game anyways the main thing i'm getting too is how i show people these things like moments that made my cry on the inside or morals you learn from moments of the game and they just go "cool" and that's it and i don't like that because people don't seem to get the meanings behind these moments and characters and the strange things is people can react like that to books and movies but not this game and not just undertale but other things as well that i fell in love with because of some of this and people just don't seem to care as much as i do and that kinda makes me feel like i'm the only one who got the "feels" in amazing videos made by fans that portray these moments perfectly like (you will only know these if you played undertale) when undyne became undyne the undying and what she said before and after and papyrus always believing in you and sans and even mettaton and asriel and both pacifist and genocide and more so what i'm saying is that people don't seem to get  the morals and meanings like i do and even if i tell them they will just go "cool".

Parents
  • I hear ya! This has been my little gripe to myself today. However, the truth is, we are in the minority and expecting others to understand us and be as amazed as we are, is just asking for trouble. A common trait amongst us is that we automatically think people should think like us (without realising it) so when they don’t, we feel baffled and then we don’t like it. But the truth is, most people won’t ever understand what we’re talking about. My son says I can clear a room in 30 seconds because most people don’t understand what I’m talking about so they leave the room or the conversation. 

And the truth is, we don’t need them to understand. We have many choices we can make out of this. We can choose to attract into our lives, those who share our world view and interests etc and in the meantime, accept others for who they are with their own world views. It’s not that we’re upset that they don’t understand us, it’s that they didn’t give us the response we wanted, so we have to accept that and just be happy to have all these morals etc, which include accepting ourselves as we are and accepting others as they are. Life can be tough sometimes but that is just life showing us where we’re not practicing our own morals etc. You’ll get the hang of it. You’ve got tremendous awareness etc and insights which is great, but there are fewer people to share your wisdom with. 

• that's true thanks for that, i guess i mainly wish i could meet people who see what i see

• Well, unless you’ve got a fairy godmother hanging around your shoulders, waiting to grant you 3 wishes, ‘wishing’ you could meet people who see what you see is pretty much a waste of time. You could however, begin to look into finding out where people like you might hang out. For example, I prefer to drink coffee as opposed to a pint of beer or something similar to that. So if I was wanting to meet more people like me, I wouldn’t sit around wishing, and I wouldn’t head for the pub, I’d start hanging out at coffee shops. I would then get the opportunity to meet others, like me, and I do do this and I meet some of the most wonderful and diverse people ever, even if I don’t even talk to them, I have spent endless hours of feeling connected and feeling love, enjoying the shared space with other people like me, people who enjoy drinking coffee in coffee shops. I’ve enjoyed some really beautiful precious moments of a true mutual exchange of love with people I have only met once. I thoroughly enjoy meeting others like me. 

• Well, unless you’ve got a fairy godmother hanging around your shoulders, waiting to grant you 3 wishes, ‘wishing’ you could meet people who see what you see is pretty much a waste of time. You could however, begin to look into finding out where people like you might hang out. For example, I prefer to drink coffee as opposed to a pint of beer or something similar to that. So if I was wanting to meet more people like me, I wouldn’t sit around wishing, and I wouldn’t head for the pub, I’d start hanging out at coffee shops. I would then get the opportunity to meet others, like me, and I do do this and I meet some of the most wonderful and diverse people ever, even if I don’t even talk to them, I have spent endless hours of feeling connected and feeling love, enjoying the shared space with other people like me, people who enjoy drinking coffee in coffee shops. I’ve enjoyed some really beautiful precious moments of a true mutual exchange of love with people I have only met once. I thoroughly enjoy meeting others like me. 

Children
  • Is it really hard, or do you just think it’s hard? For example, all I suggested was for you to begin to explore places where people like you might hang out. I didn’t say anything about going to those places. When I spoke of going places, I was simply referring to my situation as a way of an example. All I suggested to you, was that you might begin to just have a little look. Have a think about it, wonder what kinds of places they might go. What might they do. What will they talk about. Have some fun with it, olay with it. You can do all this without leaving your bed. You’re way ahead of yourself, setting yourself up to fail before you’ve even started, by scaring yourself, telling yourself that it’s hard, your shy, you’ve got social anxiety, you’ve got self doubts, you’ve got to solve all that before you can even begin to think about where might people like you hang out. Don’t go knocking on people’s doors asking if they’ll be your friend, before you even know where they are or what they do when they do hang out. You might find they hang out in places you wouldn’t want to go, so in that case, the next logical solution would be to begin to have fun with the idea of starting up your own meeting. Nothing is ‘hard’ in and of itself, only when we think about the whole thing can it sometimes feel hard. Before you ever get to the stage of actually going to a place, you will have taken hundreds of steps before you got there and maybe over a rather long period of time. We don’t push ourselves, we don’t set ourselves up for failure, we do get support but we don’t sit around wishing life was different. That only gets us feeling bad, sad and lonely, whereas on the other hand, if we start to consider and explore options and possibilities and what it is we would really like, we feel good and inspired and we can take action, taking tiny, teeny, teeny, weeny, baby steps, and as slow as is good for us. Best of luck. 

• that's a very good idea it's just hard because of my shyness and social anxiety and self doubts so i guess i got to solve that first but thanks.