Being normal

I would love to feel normal and to be able to think and do things and not zone off in to my own world as if I am living from the outside looking in. Normal tasks and progression Just seem mission impossible for me

Parents
  • I get where you're coming from Rose, I really do. I spend a lot of my time looking at NT's and wistfully dreaming what it would be like to live in their world.

The one NT trait I envy is their seeming ability to tackle life haphazardly with an air of laissez faire.

Of course, the one thing that scares me most about NT's is their seeming contradiction - whereby they'll state one thing, yet do another, or claim one personality characteristic, yet display the exact opposite! They seem happy living within contradiction, whereby I thrive on consistency - where I'll stick to behavioural patterns simply to be consistent (I like to romantically and poetically consider this as "having the courage of my convictions."! It's not true, but it's a nice lie to tell myself for being so stubbornly repetitive).

So, in what specific way would you prefer to be more normal?

Blueray: < laughing > I like your idea of surrounding oneself with autistic people. As much as that seems a bit like cheating, it would admittedly be a welcome relief. Alas that I don't actually know any autistic people!

• I get where you're coming from Rose, I really do. I spend a lot of my time looking at NT's and wistfully dreaming what it would be like to live in their world.

The one NT trait I envy is their seeming ability to tackle life haphazardly with an air of laissez faire.

Of course, the one thing that scares me most about NT's is their seeming contradiction - whereby they'll state one thing, yet do another, or claim one personality characteristic, yet display the exact opposite! They seem happy living within contradiction, whereby I thrive on consistency - where I'll stick to behavioural patterns simply to be consistent (I like to romantically and poetically consider this as "having the courage of my convictions."! It's not true, but it's a nice lie to tell myself for being so stubbornly repetitive).

So, in what specific way would you prefer to be more normal?

Blueray: < laughing > I like your idea of surrounding oneself with autistic people. As much as that seems a bit like cheating, it would admittedly be a welcome relief. Alas that I don't actually know any autistic people!

Children