Drawing

Hi, everyone

Does anyone like drawing or art on here? As I feel I don't have anyone to talk about it with.

Parents
  • Yes, I've always found art relaxing and can lose myself in a project for hours. I miss spending the day looking around art galleries, there aren't any really good ones where I live now. I prefer making things to painting (which I'm not good at) but I quite enjoy drawing and design. 

• Get to it Endymion. And you don’t have to be good at any of it, just enjoy it. I have decided I’m shaping my life around the things I enjoy, such as art, walking, writing, reading, learning a new language, doing some little writing courses, all the things I enjoy. Because if I get a job first and then think I’ll do any of these things, they won’t happen. I’ll be all exhausted from the job and trying to keep my balance in a world that moves too quick for me. But these things are important aspects of our lives that can’t be overlooked without consequences. 

• Thank you Former Member, you're right. I should get back to it again, it would be nice to lose myself like that again for a while. I've not been looking for work for the past three years either, since leaving a particularly stressful job that had taken it's toll on my health, but instead have been seeing this period as much-needed repair time. Instead of attending to what I 'should' be doing I've focused on what I need to be doing for my own health and peace of mind and, really, I wish I'd done it years ago! I'm very much financially poorer, of course, but I think I'm finally feeling mentally healthier than ever before. Like meeting the real me for the first time and realising that I actually like her :)   

• Lol! And yes, we are definitely richer. Who defined what poor was anyway? And why balance it only on financial wealth? Surely, life is not governed by money! Money comes and goes. When it needs to be here, it is, and when it’s not needed, it’s elsewhere, being needed somewhere else. We don’t have to hord it. Jeez, we’re aspire, we’ve been through far worse ;) 

• Lol! And yes, we are definitely richer. Who defined what poor was anyway? And why balance it only on financial wealth? Surely, life is not governed by money! Money comes and goes. When it needs to be here, it is, and when it’s not needed, it’s elsewhere, being needed somewhere else. We don’t have to hord it. Jeez, we’re aspire, we’ve been through far worse ;) 

Children
No Data