Social behaviour and autism # Help

Hi 

I’m new to this forum and looking for help . I have a 6 year old daughter with ASD and of late she is really struggling with taking turns and waiting in line .

I have worked really hard to make her understand not to hit or snatch but wait for her turn but sometimes other kids don’t want to play or give her a turn and she has a big melt down 

what can I do to help her Cry

• Dear NAS36338,

I am sorry to hear your daughter is having hard times socializing with other kids. You may like to have a look at the following link for more information on behaviour and strategies:

http://www.autism.org.uk/living-with-autism/understanding-behaviour.aspx

You may be interested in seeking some professional support regarding the behaviour. You can search for professionals in your area we are aware of on the Autism Services Directory: www.autism.org.uk/directory.aspx

You may like to contact The Autism Helpline who can provide information and advice on behaviour and strategies.  You can call them on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm).Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor.

I hope you will find this helpful,

Mod Federica