Have Just been diagnosed with High Functioning Asperges

I am a 24 year old female that was recently diagnosed with asperges I feel the diagnosis has made me doubt my self doubt my intelligence and feel so lost. I am at a point where I want to have a career but I can't even handle applying for university. Everything affects me so easily and any minor setback can push me back 100 steps. I want to pursue my dream and be a teacher one day but I am suffering from a lot of anxiety and stress and dont have the family support. I am so scared of waking up one day and feeling like my life has been wasted. I do feel like this disorder is a curse in a lot of ways as it affects so much of my life. I would like to get married and have children and have the career like any other person I just don't know how to take the first steps. Can anyone give any tips or advice or share your own experiences. 

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi there,

Autism is a disability, so we are not as good as some things as other people to start with. We may find things more difficult than others, such as social interaction. But does that mean that we aren't ever able to? Does that mean that these things are impossible? No! You are able to achieve anything you like despite of this diagnosis - you may have to work harder to get that thing, but it can be done! Don't let a few words on a piece of paper stop you from realising your dreams!x

Much love <3

• I chose not to read the full diagnostic report doesn't seem healthy for me to do. I know things will be somewhat harder and I am prepared for the struggle I guess. Thank you for the kind words!

Reply Children
No Data