Have Just been diagnosed with High Functioning Asperges

I am a 24 year old female that was recently diagnosed with asperges I feel the diagnosis has made me doubt my self doubt my intelligence and feel so lost. I am at a point where I want to have a career but I can't even handle applying for university. Everything affects me so easily and any minor setback can push me back 100 steps. I want to pursue my dream and be a teacher one day but I am suffering from a lot of anxiety and stress and dont have the family support. I am so scared of waking up one day and feeling like my life has been wasted. I do feel like this disorder is a curse in a lot of ways as it affects so much of my life. I would like to get married and have children and have the career like any other person I just don't know how to take the first steps. Can anyone give any tips or advice or share your own experiences. 

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi, and welcome. I’m about to go to bed but saw your post, and just wanted to say, you will have all the things you dream of but you will need to get some support. I’m really tired just now so won’t go into detail and I won’t lie to you, post diagnosis is not always a bed of roses, but when you’ve had time to process it all and you’ve got some support, you’ll start to see things differently. If you give yourself time and learn to walk to your own beat, you’re own rhythm, you’ll achieve more than you could have once dreamed of. I’m sorry I’m not much help right now, I just wanted you to know that you’re not alone, if you read some of the posts on here, you’ll recognise yourself. Some days some of us have a really tough time but they pass and you’ll get a lot of support from this group. Take time out of equation and allow yourself some time and space to accept where you are in your life just now. However you are now, you’re not going to be like this forever. I’m barely going out of my house just now, and that’s ok, I need the rest. Your life will start falling into place for you as you begin to accept and love yourself for who you are. Big hugs ((()))

• Hi, and welcome. I’m about to go to bed but saw your post, and just wanted to say, you will have all the things you dream of but you will need to get some support. I’m really tired just now so won’t go into detail and I won’t lie to you, post diagnosis is not always a bed of roses, but when you’ve had time to process it all and you’ve got some support, you’ll start to see things differently. If you give yourself time and learn to walk to your own beat, you’re own rhythm, you’ll achieve more than you could have once dreamed of. I’m sorry I’m not much help right now, I just wanted you to know that you’re not alone, if you read some of the posts on here, you’ll recognise yourself. Some days some of us have a really tough time but they pass and you’ll get a lot of support from this group. Take time out of equation and allow yourself some time and space to accept where you are in your life just now. However you are now, you’re not going to be like this forever. I’m barely going out of my house just now, and that’s ok, I need the rest. Your life will start falling into place for you as you begin to accept and love yourself for who you are. Big hugs ((()))

Children
  • Hello thank you so much for the kind words. Yes I hope that I can get some support and make changes right now I just have myself I live with my father but I am looking to move out and live independently hopefully will get support with this. There is so much in my head right now consuming me making sleep inpossible. Challenging times but I hope to get a grip on everything. I have a lot of days I don't leave the house too but it has affected me dramtically. I hope to use this diagnosis as a positive and it is good to read the forums and realise a lot of us are similar. Hope you have a great day ahead