Daily experience of an autistic

My Universal Credit, work coach referred me  to learndirect for a week long customer care course.

Yesterday I had my interview.

A lot of form filling, name, address, phone no. Email, national insurance, next of kin phone, etc etc etc.

Q...  What is my ideal job?

What job I would refuse to do?

Any disabilities ???????

Around 10 Q about my style of learning. Multiple choice with 3 choices.

Formal face to face interview.

A Maths test. 

Place four numbers in order from lowest to highest?  

Someone spends £10 a week on travel.  How much will he spend on travel in four weeks?  Show all workings.

Etc

An English test.

Circle wrongly spelt words.

Add Capitals and full stops to a sentence.

Identify a verb in a sentence.  They even explained that a verb is an action or doing word.   

Week long course starts on Monday 29th Jan.

Parents
  • I'm still upset at the completely inaccurate feedback I received from that group interview.

I am considering reporting them for breaking the data protection act in their presentation by revealing addresses of vulnerable clients to people who haven't had references checked or had a DBRS check.   ( See my post a couple of weeks ago).

• Of course it’s ok to feel upset, it’s only natural. However, it’s not wise to act when we feel upset. It’s better to wait until we have processed our feelings and they have left us. 

Then you can request a discussion regarding the feedback. Make clear and precise notes, on the points you wish to discuss. Explain that it is important to you as feedback is a tool to use to help you progress in your search for paid employment and you would therefore appreciate and value the opportunity to discuss a number of points made in the feedback summary. 

There are many possible outcomes that could come from such a meeting. Too many to consider. But the fact is, feedback is a tool that is used to aide and benefit us, so it has to be as accurate as it can be and in this situation, it requires a meeting all of its own to go through the feedback and see what positives can be gained from it so you can begin to formulate your next step in your mission to gain meaningful emoloyement. It may be that you need some training/support in any weak areas identified before you can move towards applying for jobs. Finding out what kind of employment a person is best suited to, can be pretty complex, and it can take time. I think having a meeting to discuss, as people on the same team, not enemies, the feedback will be a great step forward, and will help build relationships, which are crucial if they’re going to be of any help to you. 

• Of course it’s ok to feel upset, it’s only natural. However, it’s not wise to act when we feel upset. It’s better to wait until we have processed our feelings and they have left us. 

Then you can request a discussion regarding the feedback. Make clear and precise notes, on the points you wish to discuss. Explain that it is important to you as feedback is a tool to use to help you progress in your search for paid employment and you would therefore appreciate and value the opportunity to discuss a number of points made in the feedback summary. 

There are many possible outcomes that could come from such a meeting. Too many to consider. But the fact is, feedback is a tool that is used to aide and benefit us, so it has to be as accurate as it can be and in this situation, it requires a meeting all of its own to go through the feedback and see what positives can be gained from it so you can begin to formulate your next step in your mission to gain meaningful emoloyement. It may be that you need some training/support in any weak areas identified before you can move towards applying for jobs. Finding out what kind of employment a person is best suited to, can be pretty complex, and it can take time. I think having a meeting to discuss, as people on the same team, not enemies, the feedback will be a great step forward, and will help build relationships, which are crucial if they’re going to be of any help to you. 

Children
No Data