An aphantasia poll

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34039054   I'm interested to see  what % of us have this.

Parents
  • I definitely have a Aphantasia (at the moment self diagnosed with AS) 

After I did the test I felt a bit emotional I think mainly because in a way it was a relief that I’m not losing my mind.

When I was telling to somebody about my concern with not having and understanding the concept of imagination never felt like people believed me, so at some point I started to think that this is my own fault and I’m stopping my brain from creating images ... I was forcing myself to imagine something and failing every time. I became obsessed about it.

Also I do understand myself as a child more now.

I felt stupid at school because couldn’t imagine things for example when reading books.

That only added to the feeling of not fitting in, being different and misunderstood... I was bullied badly in school so I started to feel that it is my fault because there is something wrong with me.

Now I’m more confident with what I feel, hear, see or not see ... 

Thanks for reading.

• I definitely have a Aphantasia (at the moment self diagnosed with AS) 

After I did the test I felt a bit emotional I think mainly because in a way it was a relief that I’m not losing my mind.

When I was telling to somebody about my concern with not having and understanding the concept of imagination never felt like people believed me, so at some point I started to think that this is my own fault and I’m stopping my brain from creating images ... I was forcing myself to imagine something and failing every time. I became obsessed about it.

Also I do understand myself as a child more now.

I felt stupid at school because couldn’t imagine things for example when reading books.

That only added to the feeling of not fitting in, being different and misunderstood... I was bullied badly in school so I started to feel that it is my fault because there is something wrong with me.

Now I’m more confident with what I feel, hear, see or not see ... 

Thanks for reading.

Children
  • I was exactly the same janusz84 and since I’ve stopped taking the anti depressants it’s like I’ve got my imagination back. But not in the way I was trying to force it, to imagine a certain thing, it’s just kind of happening and the other day I actually saw a coloured imagine. It was weird!