Diagnosis - help

My son has just turned 13 & has a history of "trouble" at school, but has now come to a head at senior school. No one has mentioned autism at all.f

I have hired a private counsellor, and the school have asked for a phycological assessment, but he doesn't spend enough time at school because he keeps being sent home.

CAHMS HAVE turned us down for help - please any suggestions would be greatly received! I don' know where else to turn for help

Parents

• CAHMS HAVE turned us down for help - please any suggestions would be greatly received! I don' know where else to turn for help

Hi there ,

Greetings, and welcome to the community ~ you might perhaps find the following NAS link to their diagnosis page useful:

http://www.autism.org.uk/about/diagnosis.aspx 

Also, if you telephone the NAS (National Autistic Society) helpline: 0808 800 4104 and select Option 4, and ask for an Adolescent Asperger's Information Pack, and leave your name and address ~ it should arrive in a few weeks or so, and it will help you get going on the diagnosis process.

You can do Option 4 day or night, but otherwise in terms of speaking to an NAS Advisor, the helpline's opening-closing times are Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, and Friday 9am to 3pm. The helpline is invariably busy, so just keep ringing, and you should be through in a few goes.

• CAHMS HAVE turned us down for help - please any suggestions would be greatly received! I don' know where else to turn for help

Hi there ,

Greetings, and welcome to the community ~ you might perhaps find the following NAS link to their diagnosis page useful:

http://www.autism.org.uk/about/diagnosis.aspx 

Also, if you telephone the NAS (National Autistic Society) helpline: 0808 800 4104 and select Option 4, and ask for an Adolescent Asperger's Information Pack, and leave your name and address ~ it should arrive in a few weeks or so, and it will help you get going on the diagnosis process.

You can do Option 4 day or night, but otherwise in terms of speaking to an NAS Advisor, the helpline's opening-closing times are Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, and Friday 9am to 3pm. The helpline is invariably busy, so just keep ringing, and you should be through in a few goes.

Children
No Data