What are your favourite films?

Parents
  • Hi Alopchen,

Films are my passion.  I must watch around 400 a year - many of them repeat watches.  The narrative length of between, say 90 minutes and 130 or 140 minutes is perfect for me.  It can sustain my attention.  And it enables me to completely relax.  When I'm watching a film, my anxiety is always suspended - even if it's a tense thriller or drama!

It's very hard to pick favourites.  There are so, so many.  I like blockbusters and action movies, comedies and tragedies, sci-fi, some horror (I prefer to read horror), and also small-scale indie films - such as those by one of my favourite film-makers, Jim Jarmusch.

If I gave a list of 50, I'd have to keep extending it and extending it.  But I'll chuck a few in. 

Perhaps my all-time favourite - seen more than most - is The Big Lebowski.  After this would probably come Withnail and I.

Others, in no special order:

The Godfather movies, Goodfellas, Alien, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Shooter, The Game (a favourite), The Last Picture Show, Five Easy Pieces, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Where Eagles Dare, Inside Llewyn Davis, The Wolf of Wall Street, practically anything starring Denzel Washington, Into the Wild, Mystic River, A Fistful of Dollars, A Few Dollars More, Once Upon A Time In The West, Unforgiven, Fury, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Zulu, The Spy Who Came In From The Cold, Ghost Dog, Mystery Train, Paterson....   and several hundred others.  But that'll do for now!

• Hi Alopchen,

Films are my passion.  I must watch around 400 a year - many of them repeat watches.  The narrative length of between, say 90 minutes and 130 or 140 minutes is perfect for me.  It can sustain my attention.  And it enables me to completely relax.  When I'm watching a film, my anxiety is always suspended - even if it's a tense thriller or drama!

It's very hard to pick favourites.  There are so, so many.  I like blockbusters and action movies, comedies and tragedies, sci-fi, some horror (I prefer to read horror), and also small-scale indie films - such as those by one of my favourite film-makers, Jim Jarmusch.

If I gave a list of 50, I'd have to keep extending it and extending it.  But I'll chuck a few in. 

Perhaps my all-time favourite - seen more than most - is The Big Lebowski.  After this would probably come Withnail and I.

Others, in no special order:

The Godfather movies, Goodfellas, Alien, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Shooter, The Game (a favourite), The Last Picture Show, Five Easy Pieces, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Where Eagles Dare, Inside Llewyn Davis, The Wolf of Wall Street, practically anything starring Denzel Washington, Into the Wild, Mystic River, A Fistful of Dollars, A Few Dollars More, Once Upon A Time In The West, Unforgiven, Fury, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Zulu, The Spy Who Came In From The Cold, Ghost Dog, Mystery Train, Paterson....   and several hundred others.  But that'll do for now!

Children
No Data