Conspiracy theories

There are allegations that people with ASD are more prone to following conspiracy theories than the average Joe. How do you define a conspiracy theory?

Parents
  • Perhaps one of the major ones of recent years is one that I can't help myself but subscribe to.  9/11.  Too much that happened that day simply doesn't add up.  I'm not sure who was responsible... but when I read testimony from architects, structural engineers, demolition experts, munitions experts, air crash investigation engineers, scientists, police patrol men, firemen and countless others who've either investigated the disaster or were present on the day, I can't help but believe that the world was sold a lot of half-truths at best, and a huge bunch of lies at worst.

In the simplest terms, WTC 1 and 2 should never have collapsed in the way they did.  And WTC 7 should never have collapsed at all, considering the minimal amount of damage it suffered.  Come to that, 1 and 2 shouldn't have collapsed at all, either.  Even a fully-laden passenger airliner striking structures of their size and strength would be the equivalent of a high-velocity rifle bullet being fired into a fence post.  It might do considerable damage to the post... put it would remain standing!

But that's just my tuppence-worth on the subject....

Maybe one man's conspiracy theorist is another man's truth-seer!

• Come to that, 1 and 2 shouldn't have collapsed at all, either.  Even a fully-laden passenger airliner striking structures of their size and strength would be the equivalent of a high-velocity rifle bullet being fired into a fence post.  It might do considerable damage to the post... put it would remain standing!

If though the rifle fired incendiary bullets into a wooden post it would burn down.

Personally though I do not mind a bit of creative thinking, and I am quite into paranoid conspiracy stories actually on account of which, just as I like sci-fi and such like. I am not into paranoid conspiracy theories being taken seriously though, not at all, as they hamper scientific research into accidents, and causes delays in improvements to engineering, public safety, and general knowledge.

I did though pay attention to the social responses to the tower collapses, and I was into architectural design in a big way during my younger years, and although a good deal of my technical knowledge got thoroughly fragged due to mind wipe seizures and multiple breakdowns, I still get the basic gist.

Most of the reports of the twin towers were to certain extents quite accurate in relation to particular instances in other situations, such as explosive charges being used to demolish tower blocks and so on and so fourth.

After a while though, there were so many reports about what was thought to have happened, that no one in the media could decide what had happened, but none the less people wanted an answer, so an investigation was called for.

The investigation discovered that due to the water supplied by the sprinkler systems, rather than foam, the airplane fuel was assisted in burning, and along with the melting metals of the fuselage and everything else, a superheated metallurgical plasma was created, which had been observed, reported and filmed running out from the effected floors of the two buildings.

When the plasma made contact with the metal support structures of the buildings, the molecular lattice structures that gave them their structural integrity ~ systematically disorganised due to the piezoelectric effect going long-chain, as left the support structures themselves seriously compromised, and they buckled.

In the other building, that fell in on itself without an airplain hitting it, it was due to burning material from at least one of other two towers and the sprinkler system not fully working ~ and those that did stopped working due to running on diesel which quickly combusted disabling them on account of the others being disabled ~ so as the fire raged on unabated; the heat increased and the structural integrity of that building's infrastructure decreased, and collapsed also.

• In the other building, that fell in on itself without an airplain hitting it, it was due to burning material from at least one of other two towers and the sprinkler system not fully working ~ and those that did stopped working due to running on diesel which quickly combusted disabling them on account of the others being disabled ~ so as the fire raged on unabated; the heat increased and the structural integrity of that building's infrastructure decreased, and collapsed also.

I thought it was very interesting, though, that the report of its collapse was actually made twenty minutes or so before it did actually collapse.  Rather prescient, that...

• ...'the consequences of that are unimaginable'. When we get the 'chip', life will not be much different to what it is now. It's not smart phones and technology that already controls so much of our lives, these don't control anything. They're just tools, gadgets, nothing more. You would never say that hammers and chisels control our lives, or any other tool we use. People have already giving over, their ability to think, judge and reason. They've already done that. Putting a chip inside them won't make much difference to them, it will simply stream line and make the job swifter and easier for those who are already pulling the strings. People think that smart phones etc are tools for them, for their benefit, to make their life easier. But they're not. They're tools for the puppeteers, to make their lives easier. 

• "We've habituated ourselves into a perpetual cognitive style of outrage

This is none other than Orwell's "Two Minutes Hate"... except Orwell was overly optimistic - social media is the "Forever Hate". 

• When somebody is in a hypnotic state, they cannot think for themselves. They are taught what to think and how to behave. Their capacity for thinking has been overshadowed by the hypnotic state. This is the state of most people. They do not think for themselves, they simply go with the flow, like sheep. Which I have always thought of as insane and why others think I’m insane.

Well, quite.  And I'm also thought of as insane for suggesting it.  A conspiracy theorist, even...

• The smart phone, is said to be phase 2 of the program to get us all chipped. One step beyond the current form of mass hypnotism. The smart phone is considered the ‘hand held’, the next stage (I can’t remember all the names) is to get things on our bodies (actually, I think they’re called ‘wearables’), so things like the Apple Watch, things we wear or attach to our clothes. Then we’ll get the chip. Which they have been bringing in in stages alongside bringing in the handhelds and the wearables.

No.  I think we sing from basically the same hymn sheet.  Maybe in different keys is all.  I think you're on a higher register of knowledge and thinking than I am on the subject.

I'm always saying this to people.  'What's the next stage with it?'  The smart phone will eventually have to go because it's essentially disabled us.  We've lost the use of a hand.  And continuous partial attention means that we are also losing so much more.  Many are suggesting that IQs will be lowered as a consequence.  Accidents involving smart phone use are on the rise.  Even having hands-free in vehicles won't help.  You cannot concentrate properly on both a conversation and on the road.  I've long said that the personal chip - implanted at birth, probably - cannot be far away.  The consequences of that are unimaginable.  Smart phone tech already controls so much of our lives, and it's perfectly feasible that it will gradually take away our abilities to think, judge, reason.  I see people in the shops, constantly on their phones checking which of this to get, which of that to get, and I'm thinking 'Just make a f***ing autonomous decision, why don't you?'  Hypnosis is already turning us into robots.  This will be the final step to total control.

I'm pleased to say that our new manager at work has forbidden personal smart phone use - unless for emergencies - for all staff whilst working with service users.  Quite rightly, because it's theft.  I'm the only person there of her generation - late 50s.  And, it seems, the only one supporting her in this directive.  The younger staff are miffed at best, outraged at worst.  Not hard to understand why, I suppose.  It's all they've grown up knowing.  They're so hooked on the gadgets that they're unable to make the distinction between what's acceptable in a place of work and what's their basic right.

• The smart phone, is said to be phase 2 of the program to get us all chipped. One step beyond the current form of mass hypnotism. The smart phone is considered the ‘hand held’, the next stage (I can’t remember all the names) is to get things on our bodies (actually, I think they’re called ‘wearables’), so things like the Apple Watch, things we wear or attach to our clothes. Then we’ll get the chip. Which they have been bringing in in stages alongside bringing in the handhelds and the wearables.

No.  I think we sing from basically the same hymn sheet.  Maybe in different keys is all.  I think you're on a higher register of knowledge and thinking than I am on the subject.

I'm always saying this to people.  'What's the next stage with it?'  The smart phone will eventually have to go because it's essentially disabled us.  We've lost the use of a hand.  And continuous partial attention means that we are also losing so much more.  Many are suggesting that IQs will be lowered as a consequence.  Accidents involving smart phone use are on the rise.  Even having hands-free in vehicles won't help.  You cannot concentrate properly on both a conversation and on the road.  I've long said that the personal chip - implanted at birth, probably - cannot be far away.  The consequences of that are unimaginable.  Smart phone tech already controls so much of our lives, and it's perfectly feasible that it will gradually take away our abilities to think, judge, reason.  I see people in the shops, constantly on their phones checking which of this to get, which of that to get, and I'm thinking 'Just make a f***ing autonomous decision, why don't you?'  Hypnosis is already turning us into robots.  This will be the final step to total control.

I'm pleased to say that our new manager at work has forbidden personal smart phone use - unless for emergencies - for all staff whilst working with service users.  Quite rightly, because it's theft.  I'm the only person there of her generation - late 50s.  And, it seems, the only one supporting her in this directive.  The younger staff are miffed at best, outraged at worst.  Not hard to understand why, I suppose.  It's all they've grown up knowing.  They're so hooked on the gadgets that they're unable to make the distinction between what's acceptable in a place of work and what's their basic right.

Children
  • ...'the consequences of that are unimaginable'. When we get the 'chip', life will not be much different to what it is now. It's not smart phones and technology that already controls so much of our lives, these don't control anything. They're just tools, gadgets, nothing more. You would never say that hammers and chisels control our lives, or any other tool we use. People have already giving over, their ability to think, judge and reason. They've already done that. Putting a chip inside them won't make much difference to them, it will simply stream line and make the job swifter and easier for those who are already pulling the strings. People think that smart phones etc are tools for them, for their benefit, to make their life easier. But they're not. They're tools for the puppeteers, to make their lives easier. 

• When somebody is in a hypnotic state, they cannot think for themselves. They are taught what to think and how to behave. Their capacity for thinking has been overshadowed by the hypnotic state. This is the state of most people. They do not think for themselves, they simply go with the flow, like sheep. Which I have always thought of as insane and why others think I’m insane.

Well, quite.  And I'm also thought of as insane for suggesting it.  A conspiracy theorist, even...