Favourite music...

Post some tunes you really like.  Share them.

Here's one...

A Forest - The Cure (live)

Parents
  • Good Fortune to you, Mr.Rainbow-Feline...
    I know that this is one of those "older" Threads - "older" as in dropping off and about a month old (!)... yet I now Post something here which I have thought about Posting for a long time...

Concerning this and a certain other Festive Thread before it, what I wanted to say *then*, was this...

The thing about MUSIC, is that there are a lot of Songs out there which either have: A Memorable Melody but bad Lyrics... Or ... A Memorable Lyric yet a not very good Melody...?

The best and most well- known examples I know, of the former, would be:
    The Beatles - Walrus
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
    Nik Kershaw - The Riddle
    (... and perhaps Spice Girls - Wannabe (!) )

(...For myself, I am rather fond of:
    Lit - My Own Worst Enemy
    Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness
    ...The Melodies/Tunes are good and memorable, .. yet I cannot agree much at all with the Lyrics (confusion, drunkenness, crashing vehicles)... bad, very bad...!)

...And I wonder if anyone else knows what I mean..? My point is that Music can be enjoyed in different ways. E.g. - Television Theme Tunes, such as Bewitched, I Dream Of Jeannie, The Odd Couple, Father Ted... are quite memorable, yet their Lyrics are almost unknown...

In closing, I do apologise for not posting any Links here, for I am not that good at using Videos, YouTube, Internet, and whatnot.

(All I might do is think about a New Thread... T.V.Adverts: - Beanz Meanz Heinz, Shake'n'Vac, Meow Mix, Um Bongo, Hamlet Cigars, Hovis, TDK, Go-Compare... it may never end... yet I am ending this Post now...!)

• Good Fortune to you, Mr.Rainbow-Feline...
    I know that this is one of those "older" Threads - "older" as in dropping off and about a month old (!)... yet I now Post something here which I have thought about Posting for a long time...

Concerning this and a certain other Festive Thread before it, what I wanted to say *then*, was this...

The thing about MUSIC, is that there are a lot of Songs out there which either have: A Memorable Melody but bad Lyrics... Or ... A Memorable Lyric yet a not very good Melody...?

The best and most well- known examples I know, of the former, would be:
    The Beatles - Walrus
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
    Nik Kershaw - The Riddle
    (... and perhaps Spice Girls - Wannabe (!) )

(...For myself, I am rather fond of:
    Lit - My Own Worst Enemy
    Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness
    ...The Melodies/Tunes are good and memorable, .. yet I cannot agree much at all with the Lyrics (confusion, drunkenness, crashing vehicles)... bad, very bad...!)

...And I wonder if anyone else knows what I mean..? My point is that Music can be enjoyed in different ways. E.g. - Television Theme Tunes, such as Bewitched, I Dream Of Jeannie, The Odd Couple, Father Ted... are quite memorable, yet their Lyrics are almost unknown...

In closing, I do apologise for not posting any Links here, for I am not that good at using Videos, YouTube, Internet, and whatnot.

(All I might do is think about a New Thread... T.V.Adverts: - Beanz Meanz Heinz, Shake'n'Vac, Meow Mix, Um Bongo, Hamlet Cigars, Hovis, TDK, Go-Compare... it may never end... yet I am ending this Post now...!)

Children
No Data