Pokémon! ( ...and Pokemon & ポケットモスタ-... )

Glad Tidings to all who may read. The Title of this Thread "Does what it says on the Tin", so-to-speak. There is already a short Thread about "My Little Pony". And also already a long Thread about "Star Trek". And so I have little problem in starting a Thread about POKEMON, regardless of how popular/unpopular it may turn out to be...

Invited here are tips, idle comments, observations, and the usual introduction: "Might anyone else be interested"... in Pokemon in this case...

Concerning myself, I would do best to state that I know most of all about the *Original* game (Nintendo Ds), and the Anime mostly... yet any discussion at all  should be welcome. I shall Post much here concerning Pokemon, and shall see how it goes, and any Hints/Tips may be shared as far as I mind. Happy New Year and Fair Play to everyone!

• Greetings, All. Slight smile Yes this is a Three Year old Thread. But Pokemon is still going, and I am Still here, so far...

Pokemon Sword Shield is getting on a Year old, now. So I finally got money off the "guide" to it. But with regards to the "Wild Area", it does not mention that PKMN are found in a seven-day cycle in accordance to when the GAME was *first started*.

I am hoping other people (not upon this Forum, e.g. Serebii.com) read this. What I mean is, e.g. - I start the game one day, then arrive at the 'Wild Area' upon a Friday. There are certain PKMN  there (e.g. Clefairy, Golurk, Duskull) in certain areas & "dynamax battles"... but then returning the next days, they are not there. But returning a week after, they are there --- the same weekday (Friday). If the wild area is started another day (Thursday, Tuesday, etc.) then the seven-day cycle holds... that that particular Pokemon only appears for that day.

This is taking into account the "WEATHER" (!): If a certain PKMN appeared upon a Friday/Tuesday, when the "weather" is the same, then that PKMN will appear.

But I have not found this listed in any guides anywhere else. Are there any PKMN (Pokemon!) Players out there that know what I am talking about? 

• I hope that you enjoyed your 1 1/2 weeks of playing Pokemon?

• ...Greetings to All who read and mostly to those who care... (!)...

I began a "Vacations, Never" Thread a year or so back, and so found that I was the only one (then) to have never (been allowed to have) taken a Vacation as an Adult... Pokemon is My sort of Vacation. Virtual Pets, a different Country (usually), and running up and down along a Beach... All this is I do in PKMN Games, too. 

I have now 'finished' both the "Main Story" and the "Next Story" in the latest PKMN game, and wanted to say that that was why I have not been watching here for 1 1/2 Weeks. Sorry, anyone wondering, but as said, this is My *only* form of "rest" and it is important to Me. It may be "just a Game", but I used to write stories and it is not easy to recall the names of ALL 400-500-odd PKMN, but as I said before, I did not "Dynamax", and I kept My 'Always winning' steak, and I am now able to think about other things, now (like the real world & this forum!)...

A little Post about this game might follow, for anyone interested. Meantime, the real world (this forum) now awaits again, perhaps...?

Slight smile. (I hope writing PKMN instead of Pokemon sometimes is okay by anyone reading. Sometimes I must be swift before a Post disappears.)

• Thanks! You were correct about Nintendo giving up upon the DS, Cloudy - This is so not fair! (I gained a Switch and overcame that, so far... but it is still not right, certainly. But that is Money disguised as "progress". Not liking that, but I like Pokemon. )

• Greetings "DuckBread". Now that I can post again, I reply to this.

Detective Pikachu as far as I saw gained generally GOOD reviews. The Mirror Newspaper said something like: "Watch this film and wonder why not all films about Video Games are as good as this." On internet Film sites it also gets pretty good reviews. Personally, I thought the film also was very good, but I do not watch many films nowadays. 

I cannot play Pokemon Go since I have no SmartPhone. I always watch people playing it upon the BUS (catching mostly Rattatas), though. Upon the TV show "Strictly Come Dancing", there was a couple dancing as Ash and Pikachu (--!!!). In the last Eurovision Song Contest, the winner mentioned Pikachu in the lyrics...! This means that Pokemon has finally become part of "popular culture", which is nice.

...Um... not sure what else to say, now! News reports sometimes say things about "Pokemon Go" bringing people together - this is also a good thing, I guess.

• Dude this is cool)) Pokemon is really cool)

• A WILD DC APPEARED!

Good to see you back!

• Hi Slight smile So, I'm no Pokemon expert, but I loved collecting the cards and watching it on TV when I was younger. I also tried Pokemon Go when it came out and I did enjoy it for a while, but I found I was always catching the same kind of Pokemon and it got a little dull.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on 'Detective Pikachu'. I loved the film and thought it was hilarious (although the ending wasn't as strong as it could have been), but I think it got mixed reviews.

• Glad Tidings, Anyone interested (!). The whole time I was blocked (hacked) I also thought about this Thread, a lot, obviously of massive importance to society and Autism... (!) I post here as I have chance, and know not what might happen after...

I wanted only to say that it is really very annoying that I lose access to talking about Pokemon in this Forum, This Thread... just as I find out that Pokemon is *genuinely* "coming to the UK".

The "Galar" Region and "Generation 8" Pokemon are all based upon the UK (actually Scotland and Britain so far). I wanted to see an Electric Bird (like those sitting upon powerlines/pylons), but, alas, instead we get a Monkey which is not even a UK thing...

...Aaaanyway, that is enough from Me, here, considering that I know not when or if I can Post again. There are some very funny yet rude "Pokemon UK  Memes" on the WWW, as old as from before March. I look forward to the game, and never having to supersize a pokemon in order to win. And another Female Professor (Magnolia), at last.

Good Fortune, All.

(P.S. Anyone not interested in Pokemon, read the OP: In this NAS Forum, Topics about almost anything can be started. There are at least four "Dr Who" Threads already - so there.)

• Thank You for Your Post. This is what I myself prefer to keep in mind...

Thank goodness someone likes the same shows and toys as me...

...Obviously more than "someONE" or else that thing would not have been Manufactured upon an International Industrial Scale  in the first place. (!) This applies to everything from Pokemon to Cars, and... well... Thank You for Your Post, certainly.

..."TOYS in general" should start their own Thread, really. "My Little Pony" already has a Thread. I myself have no interest whatsoever in Dolls. "Digimon" would be nice, but they are no longer supported in this Country. Obviously I could go on and on... but... Sorry, Not here, No.

...Thanks for Your Post, certainly... did I say that...?      ;-)

• I love Pokemon, but when I talk to other people about it and Digimon people think I'm mad. I just can't help it monsters are just so cute and fascinating. I think the message here is that everyone like the monsters is different and that different animals like people has different personalities but so does the individual monsters themselves. I have always wanted to own a Gameboy, DS, or Nintendo Switch but I have never really had the money for them before because well I have had to buy the usual clothing and equipment for education. 

I keep on promising myself that I will eventually get a games console and when I do get one I will ensure that I get Pokemon games. I also love My Little Pony, Monster High and Barbie I collect so many toys my room is literally stuffed with them. Some people say toys are for babies I don't think so you can enjoy them more as an adult. I love my pets and I think of them as living Pokemon.

Thank goodness someone likes the same shows and toys as me...

• Fine by me. PI - KA!

Beware, Advert: "Detective Pikachu" is coming to your Cinemas SOON...!

• I am going to be totally predictable by saying Pikachu is my favourite :) 

• Thanks for your support. 

By the way, have you thought to use an emulator to play Pokemon? You can do it on a computer. https://emulatoronline.com/games/pokemon/

• To Qwerty... With regards to the Animation Style changes in Pokemon... just to Support You FWIW... you are not the only one with that opinion and I agree also. I think that we just have to get used to it. (... the Animation Studio seems to have changed to those who did the "Digimon" Movies.) 

I just Post this in support. I do not intend to forget about this Thread... even if Nintendo seems to be okay with getting rid of Older Fans and Pokemon DS Players... (!)

• I quite like the TV series! I don't play the video games since they are quite expensive... Disappointed

I think the TV series, Season 1 Episode 9 "The School of Hard Knocks" teaches about levels and experience too, Giselle's Rock-type Graveler defeats her Water-type Starmie because Graveler is at a higher level and has more experience. 

I quite like all the seasons before sun and moon, and I quite liked Ash's character development in XY where he's very helpful to others, encouraging, never giving up, and would risk his life to save Pokemon. Up to then, he seemed like a consistent character with some character growth along the way. But in sun and moon, it seems so different and discontinuous from the previous seasons. Firstly the drawing style completely changed. There are a lot of weird and over-exaggerated facial expressions. And it seems Ash is less mature. Pokemon Z moves seem too strong that it's unrealistic (a whole area can explode but the people and 
    Pokemon are still fine in the circumference of the attack). I still watch it for completeness, but am quite disappointed by the change (just my personal opinion...).

• Neek! Y-y-you too! I remember Gary used to be called Blue Oak in the first gen games. He was everywhere before me. I've not played Sun and Moon, but "battle tree" sounds stupid! What's the point of battling if you get no XP!

Yeah, Smash Bros. is just fighting, and fighting, and fighting, but it's done in such a surreal way, I think that's what keeps me coming back. I do have an unhealthy love of Street Fighter too though. At the moment Forza Horizon 4 is my poison of choice as to say. Lots of cars, but no Sandero, or Morris Marinas for that matter ;-) You can drive cars off cliffs, so a Marina would have had it's place! Mind you I can tune, and drive Group B Rallye cars, so not too shabby!

Yeah, I too don't own a smart phone, or want to, but I did have to get online with the gaming when SF4 was released. The Switch seems a strange one to me. Nintendo are catering to their core audience pretty well, but playing some of the third party stuff, they aren't doing well there!

Thank you for posting DC! May your Pokémon keep evolving!

• Part Two of my missing Post (...).

I wanted to say something about somehow, maybe to do with Autism, That even when playing Pokemon, Expert that I am, that I still go all weird at Strangers or Other people, Online. I do not do Online Battles because not only do my Pokemon gain NO Experience Points whatsoever, but I also strangely Panic or my mind goes blank... and I LOSE the Battle. I sometimes just panic at the thought, no matter how strong my Pokemon are, and I lose or I feel compelled to switch off. I hate it. But it is not such a bother since - so far - in order to clear the game and devastate the Elite Four... being Online is not necessary.

Thanks to All for Posting and or Reading anyway.

• Greetings, 'Qwerty'. (My devices are "old" (5 Years) and I wrote a much longer reply to your Post which now has decided to disappear...       >:(     )

To waffle a 'Yes' to your question, I Myself originally learnt how to play pokemon from the TV series and from Books. But The TV series teaches about TYPES and ATTACKS. And so I lost many battles, in Gold/Silver, not knowing why. But then I purchased Black, and I realised many things about LEVELS and EXPERIENCE. And, Now, as if to brag here, since Pokemon XY, I have never ever lost a Battle!

(I am posting this in two parts, else it may disappear!)

• ...Neek - You again...!!   ;-)   (My posting in this Forum lately just feels like 'Fishing' to me, with Me as the Fish: There is temptation and bait, but only if I have chance to Bite, then I do so... i.e. I might miss this tomorrow or after that.)

...That aside... About Gary Oak; He appears, along with Ash Ketchum, when one reaches the "Battle Tree" (In Sun & Moon). Gary and Ash are called Blue and Red, respectively. Gary/Blue does all of the talking, though. On Myself, I never challenge Gary, but I challenge Ash/Red because all he ever says is " ....." ...
    Also the Battle Tree and battling in general, does not interest me, unless one's Pokemon are allowed Experience Points afterwards, which does not happen at the "Battle Tree".
    ...This next leads onto "Super Smash Bros", where all there is is battling and so I do not really like that game, as good as it is.
    Finally, about Nintendo surreptitiously killing-off thier own DS. What a nerve... but understandable when "everyone" is armed with a Mobile Phone, though. No more Privacy - It is: 'You must link to the Non-Private-Internet or you shall cease to socially exist!' (...*sniffle*...)
    Thanks for Posting, Cloudy. May your Mountains always remain Aloft and Snowy...   :-)