Pokémon! ( ...and Pokemon & ポケットモスタ-... )

Glad Tidings to all who may read. The Title of this Thread "Does what it says on the Tin", so-to-speak. There is already a short Thread about "My Little Pony". And also already a long Thread about "Star Trek". And so I have little problem in starting a Thread about POKEMON, regardless of how popular/unpopular it may turn out to be...

Invited here are tips, idle comments, observations, and the usual introduction: "Might anyone else be interested"... in Pokemon in this case...

Concerning myself, I would do best to state that I know most of all about the *Original* game (Nintendo Ds), and the Anime mostly... yet any discussion at all  should be welcome. I shall Post much here concerning Pokemon, and shall see how it goes, and any Hints/Tips may be shared as far as I mind. Happy New Year and Fair Play to everyone!

Parents
  • As I said I intend to Post much, this is the start. To organise thoughts (me being Aspergers), I shall try to keep it in order as if playing any (DS) Game... starting with: "Beginning the journey as a Trainer", perhaps?

In starting a new PKMN game, after I am given my first "Starter Pokemon" (Fire, Water, Grass)... what I myself do is to not go past the first patch of grass until they are at least at Level 8 - 10. When they become weak, then it is not so far to go back to have your "Mother" heal them. And this makes the rest of the game a lot easier.
    ...The only problem with this technique is if your starter becomes too powerful too early, before the Gym/Trial Badge can be obtained. That's all for this Post for now.

• Have you tried the Nuzlocke Challenges? Have meant to try some of the challenges (e.g. One Pokemon, Mono Type, Nuzlocke) but never got round to it haha :P

Reply Children
  • Fair enough - it is a really tough challenge! I've just started the "Randomised Team Challenge", which will be a fresh challenge! :)

• I actually had to leave off and look up what this meant. It sounds rather cruel to me, to discard a Pokemon because it has fainted. The game is hard enough for me as it is, because of the built in A.I., which seems to make every Challengers' Pokemon have a massively high Defence Stat due to the Trainer (myself) never ever losing any battle before meeting them.

When a Pokemon faints during a battle, I always Revive it, otherwise the "Friendship" goes down too low...