I have an idea

Hi all,

I have come up with an idea for a project and was wondering if anyone could help/give feedback.

What do people think of autism friendly places/activities?

The idea is an app specifically for the UK that has all the different places/activities that are autism friendly on a map. It would include a suggestions post where people could add a place they thought was appropriate. 

Any comments would be great

Thanks

Parents
  • I would love this. Only yesterday I was searching the web for autistic friendly supermarket slots and cinema times. I found no supermarkets in the area and the only cinema slot was a slot for a little kids movie. I would love to go to autistic friendly places, I'm done with trying to squeeze myself into the nt world. I don't want to do it anymore but I still want to live. Truly, this would be a godsend to me. I only got my diagnosis at the end of October but already I'm seeking out places. So far, I've found a nature reserve, just up the road from me, that has a lovely cafe and shop as well and they sell vegan food, standard, but vegan, and I'd love to find more places. Having the places in an ap would be really helpful as well because already I had forgotten about the nature reserve until now! I think I'll go to the nature reserve tomorrow. I could do with the peace and quite. Let me know if I can be of any help. It's a great idea. 

• I like nature reserves too. Belatedly, I discovered that research has been showing that time spent in a natural environment (particularly if it's near water) can do wonders for mental health.

Forestry commission land is OK, but the areas near us are more degraded than the wildlife trust nature reserves.

You can find a wildlife trust reserve near you at: http://www.wildlifetrusts.org/wildlife/reserves

Depending upon your circumstances, the wildlife trusts also offer day workshops on various natural history topics.

• I like nature reserves too. Belatedly, I discovered that research has been showing that time spent in a natural environment (particularly if it's near water) can do wonders for mental health.

Forestry commission land is OK, but the areas near us are more degraded than the wildlife trust nature reserves.

You can find a wildlife trust reserve near you at: http://www.wildlifetrusts.org/wildlife/reserves

Depending upon your circumstances, the wildlife trusts also offer day workshops on various natural history topics.

Children
No Data