I have an idea

Hi all,

I have come up with an idea for a project and was wondering if anyone could help/give feedback.

What do people think of autism friendly places/activities?

The idea is an app specifically for the UK that has all the different places/activities that are autism friendly on a map. It would include a suggestions post where people could add a place they thought was appropriate. 

Any comments would be great

Thanks

Parents
  • This is a great idea and we should all be provided with options.  In fact my biggest gripe at the moment is not being able to go for a relaxing coffee with my partner.  The coffee shops now insist on ramping the 'background' music up, clattering every bit of crockery around in site and as a result everyone attending feels the need to shout over the noise when having a conversation.  Long gone are the days of going to a quiet coffee shop and settling into a book over a cup of coffee.

• Have you got a local Buddhist Centre or retreat? They often have a quiet cafe in peaceful surroundings where anyone is welcome .. You aren’t obliged to be Buddhist or feel you have to join in but they are restful and don’t have distracting music. 

• Have you got a local Buddhist Centre or retreat? They often have a quiet cafe in peaceful surroundings where anyone is welcome .. You aren’t obliged to be Buddhist or feel you have to join in but they are restful and don’t have distracting music. 

Children
  • I go to my local Buddhist centre that has a world peace cafe, it’s so restful. We had a Christmas dinner a few nights ago which was lovely. There are a few autism friendly cafes dotted around the UK, but not enough and none in my area; however, I think we’ll start to see more of them.