Hobbies

Parents
  • I like those hobbies that are meant to naturally increase dopamine levels.

Incremental, detail focussed manual tasks do it for me.....When I go fishing I love to untangle the fishing line really slowly and patiently.

Yesterday, I had to untangle a really fine gold chain on a locket for my daughter:

That totally calms my head down and gives me focus:

Mind you, I'm ADHD, so maybe that doesn't suit everyone.

Not that you can make a hobby out of this, unless you take up watch making.

I also think long sessions of intense aerobic exercise are good.

Try downhill mountain biking listening to music.

Mind you - Bear in mind these are solitary activities and we benefit from the company of others, even though we find socilaising difficiult.

Key is to hook up with a like minded friend with a common interest.

Good luck

• Just one of my hobbies,restoring old tools,  I replace handles, clean file and polish rusty steel, varnish wood, repair broken parts.

I like to try and improve as well.

The tools are seen as no longer viable by most?

They all function, 

I am a practical person, hands on type, I understand metals, the science in making the steel to suit each use.

the care that went into making them.

R16.

V154.

• Just one of my hobbies,restoring old tools,  I replace handles, clean file and polish rusty steel, varnish wood, repair broken parts.

WOW!  Proper tools! They all look beautifully balanced and well made by proper toolmakers, not mass produced tat you get in the big stores. Those tools have soul.

• Hi Ellie sorry I missed your reply,how Rude! Yes I do,I have an electric saw but I tried it out and the pieces never seem to fit quite right Lol. It is called a scroll saw, 

or fret sawhttps://goo.gl/images/XQmesm

• Had to have a look - as you'd probably expect, mine is a simple single-helix one, but for a few mm of poplar plywood that's quite o.k. really.

• Hi oktanol as you mentioned the drill specific I must tell you it is a twin helix, so it drills clockwise when sliding the handle up as well as down! Most are single helix so drill clockwise going down and anti-clockwise going up.

• @Lonewarrior....do you have any tools for jigsaw sawing.? 

Reply Children
No Data