A Query About a Theory: Of The Mind.

Good evening, to all. I attempt here a thing about how to "interpret" life in general. This is one way in which I see things, and I wonder if anyone else can at all understand it. (Or is interested.)

As if in Metaphor. This finishes up as either a MAP or as a SPIDER-WEB (pick whichever you prefer).
- First of all, consider a START POINT. This is, for example, when you are conceived (!), and then Born. (Frequency starts from Zero.)
- Next, as you grow, all that you perceive (hear, see, feel, smell, eat, etc.) spreads out from that, in all directions, into the Map or Spider-Web. (Unconscious Frequencies.)
- Finally... you turn into "an Adult". (Conscious Frequencies.)

This is a *greatly* simplified explanation... but what I explain is that, as memories form, your own MAP or SPIDER-WEB is basically a system of Pathways, made out of "Junk" (Emotions, Experiences, Food, Smells, etc.). It is individual to yourself, and may not always be able to make sense to others. Even identical twins would have slightly differing "Junk-Webs/Maps".

I can elaborate, yet appreciate feedback as to whether anyone else "gets it" so far. Thank You Kindly.

Parents
  • I understand your idea of the web, the pathways, junk etc. It was a bit unclear what you mean by frequencies. Also why do you define becoming an adult as a transition from unconscious to conscious?

this is fascinating to read your perspective and hope you will continue to share.

• In direct reply to... "lamme81"...THANK YOU!
    Great goodness, I am grateful to you, for I gained an answer, and it was a *positive* response?! I am only one month now, in learning about how to use the Internet, and I am prone to expecting the worst... and when I last attempted this topic, upon another Thread, I gained only two replies which did not quite understand what I was trying to convey (i.e. They digressed onto other topics.) But I appreciated their time anyway.

Enough of that. I shall, now given interest, continue upon a next post, below this one. Yet to answer your stated confusions, this is the other Thread:

community.autism.org.uk/.../brainwaves-and-autism

Titled: BRAINWAVES ...AND AUTISM.

When I said that this Thread was a "greatly simplified" explanation, then if what is said here and in this other Brainwaves Thread is combined, then that should be further (yet complicated) explanation.

• Disallowed Cynosure said:

Great goodness, I am grateful to you, for I gained an answer, and it was a *positive* response?! I am only one month now, in learning about how to use the Internet, and I am prone to expecting the worst... and when I last attempted this topic, upon another Thread, I gained only two replies which did not quite understand what I was trying to convey (i.e. They digressed onto other topics.) But I appreciated their time anyway.

Greetings and affirmations to all, and ,

When you stated "I am only one month now, in learning about how to use the Internet, and I am prone to expecting the worst..." aside from thinking the worst, I have been learning to use the internet for a full year now. Getting used to how things work and are done here basically involves doing away with the neurotypical tendency of blaming and shaming people when mistakes are made ~ we simply point mistakes out to improve communication in order to develop and maintain more affirmative interactions.

When you stated that you "gained only two replies >(from people)< that did not understand what you were trying to  convey (i.e they digressed onto other topics.) this is not quite the case:

Firstly we were discussing the particularities of the established subject matter of the thread itself, i.e. http://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/11007/sleep-mares-and-schools ~ and we were not then as such digressing from the topic in question. We also tried to encourage you to feel welcome in adding to the discussion, and unless the original poster states otherwise ~ staying with the original topic is generally considered to be the done thing on the NAS forum. So forgive me if you will for not quite having done so here.

And secondly ~ heading back on topic ~ I have been into the experience and theory of mind the entire length of my life ~ as I have always been a philosopher-professor type of Aspergian, and in order to understand the nature of human life and otherwise ~ I got into reading comparative metaphysics, philosophy and theosophy from about 5 to 6 years of age, and amongst others including sociology which was not so much my thing, and psychology which really was my thing during my further education years.

So basically, I am very interested in what you had mentioned and were attempting to introduce into the previous discussion, in that I was curious to know in which way and how you were going to go about doing so.

• Disallowed Cynosure said:

Greetings and affirmations to all, and ,

When you stated "I am only one month now, in learning about how to use the Internet, and I am prone to expecting the worst..." aside from thinking the worst, I have been learning to use the internet for a full year now. Getting used to how things work and are done here basically involves doing away with the neurotypical tendency of blaming and shaming people when mistakes are made ~ we simply point mistakes out to improve communication in order to develop and maintain more affirmative interactions.

When you stated that you "gained only two replies >(from people)< that did not understand what you were trying to  convey (i.e they digressed onto other topics.) this is not quite the case:

Firstly we were discussing the particularities of the established subject matter of the thread itself, i.e. http://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/11007/sleep-mares-and-schools ~ and we were not then as such digressing from the topic in question. We also tried to encourage you to feel welcome in adding to the discussion, and unless the original poster states otherwise ~ staying with the original topic is generally considered to be the done thing on the NAS forum. So forgive me if you will for not quite having done so here.

And secondly ~ heading back on topic ~ I have been into the experience and theory of mind the entire length of my life ~ as I have always been a philosopher-professor type of Aspergian, and in order to understand the nature of human life and otherwise ~ I got into reading comparative metaphysics, philosophy and theosophy from about 5 to 6 years of age, and amongst others including sociology which was not so much my thing, and psychology which really was my thing during my further education years.

So basically, I am very interested in what you had mentioned and were attempting to introduce into the previous discussion, in that I was curious to know in which way and how you were going to go about doing so.

Children
  • To "DeepThought", here:
    In Quoting your good self (although not in strict written order, I apologise):

" I use the Bold Format so as to different what is my writing, what is others and so that I do not get referentially lost or confused, as I reference every statement with and through every other statement to achieve orderly contextual progression ~ or at least hopefully!"

" we each have an individual writing style anyway ~ as it is would be yours perhaps?"

" Yet in a month you have worked out how to use the quote function - it took me a few months if I recall correctly."

What I quote of yourself there, are three VERY VERY good points concerning use of the Internet... especially for Autistic persons like ourselves? And you are correct about all that you state, and I am grateful for that and for your stating it.
    Yet continuation of this sort of topic, may be for which I had already begun *yet another* Thread for:

community.autism.org.uk/.../autistic-people-on-the-n-a-s-internet-and-how-to-use-it

...That Thread is long, and so it has a sequel, titled the same yet added "...#2"

community.autism.org.uk/.../autistic-people-on-the-n-a-s-internet-and-how-to-use-it-2

With regards to that which I quote from you, there...
    Upon the first Thread, I initially state that I am new to the Internet, yet am not new to writing or to the using of computers. However, the using of BOLDface is one option which my particular device - an E-Reader - does not offer (!). And so to highlight certain words, I can only USE CAPITAL LETTERS, which is then regarded as "shouting", yet I can do nothing else --- no Italics, Highlighting, Bold, Underline... nothing.
    I can use various punctuation ("#!/?&) and that is all. (Yet also perhaps appears as if I had used a vulgarity there!)
    Perhaps we are indeed alike, in requiring a certain "individual writing style", in order to sort out the general mess which we read upon a screen. (...For instance, I recently did a Search for "Star Trek" here, and that Thread was also very long & complex!)
    Finally, my own main regret is that we are not allowed - by NAS - to "post duplicate posts", for it might have been more constructive to continue this particular conversation upon the other Thread(s), to which I give address(es) for in this post.
    (Thus, I may draw attention to all of this here, in that second other Thread, at a later time, if you do not mind?...)

• Disambiguating Cynosure said:

Thank you, and I am Glad of your input as well, "DeepThought"... however, forgive my beginning with a slight regret..

Oh dear, oh dear (*sigh*)... The more I use the Internet, the more I find how it as bad as real life, when I cannot correct misunderstandings face-to-face. The mistakes here are the fault of no-one (I think), apart from use of plain English versus Internet Speak & Timelines...

Greetings and enhanced positive affirmations, Disallowed Cynosure, with positively enhanced bonus factor ten validations ~ given that we are here to support and encourage each other to recognise and use what essentially amounts to a new way of constructive reading, thinking and writing for those finding it to be unfamiliar ~ i.e. so as to do away with being prone to thinking the worst and all that sort of thing

Disambiguating Cynosure said:

First --- Until you mentioned it, I actually had not mentioned Mr.Robert123's DREAMSCHOOL Thread.
    ...Yet Now, in THIS Thread, THREE Threads are being discussed: QUERYTHEORY Thread (This one), BRAINWAVES (the one I posted a link to for "I Am Me"), and now DREAMSSCHOOL (Mr. Robert123's Thread).

Making mistakes here do not involve as significant a bearing as is so in the neurotypical world, being that the positive elements of our endeavours are 'really' what matter here.

In a sense the neurotypical world is like wearing a white suit or dress, and the moment a social mistake is made ~ the suit or dress is considered as being ruined. Yet in reality, being that the abstract fantasies or delusions of what perfection is for neurotypicals ~ is not reality, for our proverbial white suit or dress is actually in a sense remarkably stain resistant, and very very easily cleaned.

So in the respect of what I have quoted just above and before ~ I am referring by far far more to the merits of your postings and threads, in order for those merits to be easily accessed for further consideration and broader contemplation by others. 

Disallowed Cynosure said:

Next --- I am not technically as able to be as good at QUOTING as you are, ...yet:

Deepthought
    When you stated that you "gained only two replies >(from people)< that did not understand what you were trying to convey (i.e they digressed onto other topics.) this is not quite the case:

(...Which contains quoting yourself, myself, and bold formatting which I cannot duplicate!)

Yet in a month you have worked out how to use the quote function - it took me a few months if I recall correctly.

If you do not have the Edit, Insert, Format, Tools, ≡, ≡ and Reply bar at the bottom of the reply box on your tech-device, we each have an individual writing style anyway ~ as it is would be yours perhaps?

I use the Bold Format so as to different what is my writing, what is others and so that I do not get referentially lost or confused, as I reference every statement with and through every other statement to achieve orderly contextual progression ~ or at least hopefully!

Disallowed Cynosure said:

The "other Thread" containing "two replies" was upon the BRAINWAVES Thread. (And one digression was into MRI-machines, and etc. etc...)

Seriously ~ you are considering the 'digression' issue far too narrowly here, for these threads are particularly relevant to your original posting for this thread, and as the original poster here you can choose to digress or diverge as far as you need to in order to explain what you are being asking about.

I mean using the quote function does save alot of effort in terms of not having to write again what we have already written before, and it does allow more integral and broader considerations for other people after all.

Finally --- I understand misunderstanding there, because upon the DREAMSCHOOL Thread, I gave address for This QUERYTHEORY Thread (!). If you read the post I gave, I said that I planned to go off and digress very much... and, well, here, you CAN see how long and digressing it is from the DREAMSCHOOL Thread...?

Personally I saw no wrongdoing whatsoever at all with your giving the title of this thread, as it resolved an issue for you in that the topic matter being addressed involved more the content (the character of the dreams) and the sources of the content (the nature of the schooling) ~ rather than as such your wish to cover the apparatus and operations of the mind/body relationship itself more directly.

As I said, I had to explain my own very different approach, before I could re-join the DREAMSCHOOL Thread (or indeed perhaps any other Threads)... and, if you please, you see how long this (QUERYTHEORY) Thread is taking, even if I wrote it alone. I did not want to put all of this into someone else's Thread.

That was completely understood then as much as it is also completely comprehended here now ~ as being established good practice on the NAS forum, and many others.

• Thank you, and I am Glad of your input as well, "DeepThought"... however, forgive my beginning with a slight regret..

Oh dear, oh dear (*sigh*)... The more I use the Internet, the more I find how it as bad as real life, when I cannot correct misunderstandings face-to-face. The mistakes here are the fault of no-one (I think), apart from use of plain English versus Internet Speak & Timelines...

First --- Until you mentioned it, I actually had not mentioned Mr.Robert123's DREAMSCHOOL Thread.
    ...Yet Now, in THIS Thread, THREE Threads are being discussed: QUERYTHEORY Thread (This one), BRAINWAVES (the one I posted a link to for "I Am Me"), and now DREAMSSCHOOL (Mr. Robert123's Thread).

Next --- I am not technically as able to be as good at QUOTING as you are, ...yet:

Deepthought said:
    When you stated that you "gained only two replies >(from people)< that did not understand what you were trying to convey (i.e they digressed onto other topics.) this is not quite the case:

(...Which contains quoting yourself, myself, and bold formatting which I cannot duplicate!)

The "other Thread" containing "two replies" was upon the BRAINWAVES Thread. (And one digression was into MRI-machines, and etc. etc...)

Finally --- I understand misunderstanding there, because upon the DREAMSCHOOL Thread, I gave address for This QUERYTHEORY Thread (!). If you read the post I gave, I said that I planned to go off and digress very much... and, well, here, you CAN see how long and digressing it is from the DREAMSCHOOL Thread...?

As I said, I had to explain my own very different approach, before I could re-join the DREAMSCHOOL Thread (or indeed perhaps any other Threads)... and, if you please, you see how long this (QUERYTHEORY) Thread is taking, even if I wrote it alone. I did not want to put all of this into someone else's Thread.

I am ending this post now, because it is very long.