Let off steam in here thread.

Do you get  angry?  I get angry.  A "friend" of mine is making me angry today.  If you get angry then this is  the thread to let off steam.  All those irritating NT's winding you up.  You'd like to bury them in a shallow grave wouldn't you?  *Hold on there is someone at the door*

*Sound of man being dragged away by White Coated individuals*

Parents
  • Letting off steam:

This one really winds me up: This been going on since the big freeze in 2017 approximately.

People ask me are you working?

How do you support yourself?

Do you want to work?

Where you do yoga?

Was I furloughed?

Do you work at the library/charity shop? When I enter those buildings.

Are you on your way to work? 

Tried to explain million times and still don't get the message. Takes a while to answer. Tell them I belong to a group and show them a leaflet. Also sometimes I do yoga in the morning. Then the whole cycle restarts every few days or months.

*Last resort is to tell my GP*

Second rant is:

I pay for the bread and rolls using cash only. The cheese shop still having problems with the card machine. Sometimes works. Other shops don't have the same problem. The cheese shop owners need to sort out this. 

My former friend who opened a studio catalogue account and ended up with £1,000 pound of debt (was paying the minimum amount per month); this happened twice before. Ignored my advice. Then kept on spending money on things. Had another friend like this. I used to impulse buy and stopped. 

Sleepy

• I hope you will take this in the spirit that is intended. It's regarding your final paragraph. Even when we think or know that other people are making a mistake, no matter how much we may want to help them to avoid making that mistake, we need to take a step back and let them get on with it. Sometimes, people need to make mistakes in order to learn from them. There was a time in my life when I chose to be reckless and was not living within my means. Had anyone tried to stop me, I doubt I would have taken their well-meaning advice on board. The result was that I ended up in debt to the tune of about £2,000. An absolute whopper of a mistake, but it taught me a valuable lesson.

With regard to the first part of what you wrote, unless you happen to be breaking the law, it really isn't anybody else's business how you choose to spend your time. The people asking you those questions are possibly curious, or trying to be friendly and it's their way of striking up a conversation. If their questions annoy you and make you feel uncomfortable, you could always try telling them that you're a secret agent. Wink

• I hope you will take this in the spirit that is intended. It's regarding your final paragraph. Even when we think or know that other people are making a mistake, no matter how much we may want to help them to avoid making that mistake, we need to take a step back and let them get on with it. Sometimes, people need to make mistakes in order to learn from them. There was a time in my life when I chose to be reckless and was not living within my means. Had anyone tried to stop me, I doubt I would have taken their well-meaning advice on board. The result was that I ended up in debt to the tune of about £2,000. An absolute whopper of a mistake, but it taught me a valuable lesson.

With regard to the first part of what you wrote, unless you happen to be breaking the law, it really isn't anybody else's business how you choose to spend your time. The people asking you those questions are possibly curious, or trying to be friendly and it's their way of striking up a conversation. If their questions annoy you and make you feel uncomfortable, you could always try telling them that you're a secret agent. Wink

Children
No Data