Ergo therapy and other treatments for autistic burnout

I am still new to my diagnosis (it's only been a couple of weeks).

I had started ergo therapy before I knew and my doctor recommended going to the hospital for a planned stay.
She had me diagnosed with chronic depression and BPD.

Over the last 5 years I have had more and more trouble functioning and am constantly exhausted.

My ergo therapist suggested desensitization for my sensory trouble, overload, meltdowns.
In my mind I was like: I am leaving, they don't autism.

I can't see that this can help me. I have been trying to get away from sensory input when it gets too much.
Have you had success with this treatment?

My psychiatrist wants me to go to the hospital, they don't have an autism section there. I don't know how that could help me.
It would drive me crazy to be out of my home, away from my family for 2 months or so - without seeing them because of Covid.

Does any of this make sense to you?

And the question that is bothering me: Can I become better? Can I function better again? How?

Thank you!!

Parents
  • I can't say there's a general anwser to that I find no matter how much I try to over come my anxiety melt downs they still eventually come back to haunt me at some point I'm always worrying what will go wrong next or what would happen to me in the future if I was on my own where I'd end up or would I be able to manage living alone or who would try to screw me over next I think my anxiety will be the death of me one day. 

• I can relate to these worries quite a bit. I don't function real well these days. I wish there was an autism community (physical), like a neighborhood with help right there if you need it.

Reply Children
No Data