Psychosis in autism

This is a link to download an open access article about psychosis and autism.  I've found it useful and I thought others might too. I hope that sharing this is allowed.  I know that autism is not a type of psychosis by the way, this is about people who have both.

https://docs.autismresearchcentre.com/papers/2017_Larson_Psychosis-in-autism.pdf

Parents
  • In my late twenties i went though a period of about six months where it was like i was in a dream ,i was picked up walking down the middle of a main road shouting at a girl telling her to stop picking flowers out of a garden ,i was told i was on my own but it all seemed so real . I was under a lot of pressure at the time with no support . Its weird looking back because i don't now what was real or not ,there are just times when the police told me things . I suppose it must be like when someone gets drunk and rememebers nothing but lasts for ages .  

• I'm sorry to hear that you went through this.  If you don't mind me asking, how did you come round from it - it might be really helpful for people to know.

• Looking back i just became recluse for about a year and became more stable,there was a lot of ritual behaviour ,i used to search the house everytime i entered it ,all the cupboards under the bed, the attic . .   

• Oh - sorry to hear you became recluse - perhaps time away from others was the key to it but I'd best not recommend to others that they shut themselves off completely.  

Reply Children
No Data