Another New Person

Hello,

I'm a self-diagnosed female. I've been reading about Asperger's for a long time now and eventually decided to join this forum after watching Chris Packham's documentary the other day.

Hopefully i'll be on the same wavelength as some of you here. Nice to meet you all Slight smile

Parents
  • Nice to meet you.  I like your name.  I'm diagnosed, though late as I'm now 60 and I got the diagnosis in my 50s.  You should find many people on your wavelength here.  Do you identify with some of Chris Packham's traits?  He seems to be more what I'd call 'left-brain' autistic as he seems to have quite a scientific/mathematical bent.  I'm more right-brained.  I find the outside world quite difficult and confusing, so I make sense of it through my imagination.  Or, rather, I re-create it that way.  Look forward to seeing you around.

• Thank you! It's the name of a series of books that i really liked as a child by Tamora Pierce. Yes, i definitely saw myself in some of his behaviours. Little stuff like wearing the same clothes all the time or eating the same foods or my brain going off on tangents with associations. And the bigger things too, like obsessive interests, sensory overload, being bullied at school, struggling with adult relationships etc. That's an interesting topic. I would say overall i'm more left-brained because i tend to apply logic to everything, although i do have really imaginative dreams so perhaps i'm more right-brained when i sleep!!

• Thank you! It's the name of a series of books that i really liked as a child by Tamora Pierce. Yes, i definitely saw myself in some of his behaviours. Little stuff like wearing the same clothes all the time or eating the same foods or my brain going off on tangents with associations. And the bigger things too, like obsessive interests, sensory overload, being bullied at school, struggling with adult relationships etc. That's an interesting topic. I would say overall i'm more left-brained because i tend to apply logic to everything, although i do have really imaginative dreams so perhaps i'm more right-brained when i sleep!!

Children
No Data