New to this

Anonymous
Anonymous

Hi all

I'm 45, a mom, i have a job working with autistic children in a school, I'm doing a course on autism.

I'm not diagnosed officially but I tick all the boxes. I went to the doctors last week to start the process to see if I can get diagnosed. I'm a bit scared, a bit nervous, but I feel I need to find out for me, and maybe it'll explain why I'm always the square peg trying to fit a round hole. 

I've suffered with depression and all the rest, anxiety and stuff, and i struggle making friends. my current closest friend has autistic kids, so i'm spotting a pattern here.

I'm not sure what else to say. I write a lot, I read a lot, I draw. Learning to draw faces at the moment - they are HARD :)

So that's me, hello to everyone :)

• Hi there,

i have the same sort of story. I work suporting individual with different disabilites And notice  similarities in me to my friends grand daughter with aurisk. I'm waiting for a assessment and need to find out. I don't write much or read a lot but I draw and sometime teach drawing to small groups. Faces are very hard. Good way to start is Search on the net for face portion it about measurement eg your eyes, mouth, ears and nose are the same size.