National Police Autism Association

Hi,

A hello to everyone and a quick plug - we are the National Police Autism Association, a new indepdendent body supporting police officers, staff and families affected by ASC, AS and other hidden conditions such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, AD(H)D, depression etc. We also promote best practices for working with members of public affected by autism.

If you've ever wondered whether there are police officers with AS, the answer is yes... there are many aspects of a career in policing that are well-suited to an aspie, but some that are pretty tough as well.

We have a website, www.npaa.org.uk , and a Twitter account "Police Autism UK" @npaa_uk . We're also on Facebook and LinkedIn (search for NPAA). It would be great if you could give us a follow - we tweet about all sorts of things related to autism, AS, equal opportunities and anything "neurodivergent".

Looking forward to taking part in the NAS web forum

Parents
  • Greetings again. The "Avalanche" which I thought might occur, did not occur (yet?). Thus I attempt to resume, here...

Given the answers to my previous dilemma, I shall discontinue that topic, and attempt the other topic which I stated instead. Here goes...

I would like to know what position the LAW (yourselves) stands upon the topic of "Security Guards" and non-stop Stalking and/or Harassment from such persons. This is regardless of whether they are uniformed or in plain-clothes, or in uniform of the company they work for.

I shall state many simple examples which actually occur to me, as soon as I enter anyplace:
    - The Security may instantly trail me, often calling in reinforcements.
    - They may take prolonged, careful notes concerning what item I buy.
    - They may have a regular item which I buy removed from sale (and enjoy sight of me seeing this).
    - They may give my description to other stores, recommending other stores to do the same.
    - They may deliberately set off the "Security Gates" as I walk through them.
    - They may lie about me having stolen an item (despite my queuing and having a reciept), and use that as excuse to "stop and search" me.
    - ...If I make a complaint, then it is dismissed, and only causes all of what I mentioned to be *more* likely to happen.

There is (was) a Thread about this upon this NAS Internet already, but I am asking, as always, how I stand, or can protect myself -- in ACTUAL LAW.

Thank You for your time.

• What do you do to draw attention to yourself.

Is it the way you dress?

Is it the way you walk?

Is it hygiene?

Do you shop with a back pack?

Do you talk to yourself?

• Greetings. I am not good at "chat", but I am still online, and so attempt a straight-away reply (yet another new experience for me)...

Of all matters listed there, I would only not know about the 'way I walk'. What I list - concerning Security Guards (and CUTE Children)... all of it has always happened to me, for my *entire* life, no matter how I dress, act, speak, or, um, as you mention it, "hygiene"(?)... (E.g. I have had people driving past me in cars, and if bored, they may throw something in passing). It is the CYNOSURE effect...

Perhaps you bring to light something which I did not think to point out, however: Not ALL of these things happen ALL of the time ALL at once --- it is different for different days and persons...

• I believe that the Thread which you mention may be the same one which I mentioned... And the other things which you list in the post to which I here reply, I do not do/have any of these matters/concerns (Although I may "mutter" of late, yet I cover it by pretending to scratch my nose)...I did say that my Cynosure Effect was LIFELONG...

(An Unrelated matter. FINALLY, it shows up in the side-box (which quickly disappears upon my device)... that "2 members are here"... I have never seen that before, and I finally know what it is like to "do online chat"... but, I hate to seem rude, I must admit to not liking it at all, and so I may sign off now... sorry very much...my own Cowardice/Autism...!?) )

• I believe that the Thread which you mention may be the same one which I mentioned... And the other things which you list in the post to which I here reply, I do not do/have any of these matters/concerns (Although I may "mutter" of late, yet I cover it by pretending to scratch my nose)...I did say that my Cynosure Effect was LIFELONG...

(An Unrelated matter. FINALLY, it shows up in the side-box (which quickly disappears upon my device)... that "2 members are here"... I have never seen that before, and I finally know what it is like to "do online chat"... but, I hate to seem rude, I must admit to not liking it at all, and so I may sign off now... sorry very much...my own Cowardice/Autism...!?) )

Children
No Data