National Police Autism Association

Hi,

A hello to everyone and a quick plug - we are the National Police Autism Association, a new indepdendent body supporting police officers, staff and families affected by ASC, AS and other hidden conditions such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, AD(H)D, depression etc. We also promote best practices for working with members of public affected by autism.

If you've ever wondered whether there are police officers with AS, the answer is yes... there are many aspects of a career in policing that are well-suited to an aspie, but some that are pretty tough as well.

We have a website, www.npaa.org.uk , and a Twitter account "Police Autism UK" @npaa_uk . We're also on Facebook and LinkedIn (search for NPAA). It would be great if you could give us a follow - we tweet about all sorts of things related to autism, AS, equal opportunities and anything "neurodivergent".

Looking forward to taking part in the NAS web forum

Parents
  • March 2016 - more than a year ago. And yet, am I the first to post ANYTHING at all?

I kind of found this by accident, but disregarding that...what happened?? This is almost a shame... what was expected, or what was expected to be posted? (Here, I mean.)

(P.S.- Maybe add "-UK" to the end of your main WWW address (npaa), or just use plain English hyphenated... Because in searching this, I also found very many links to America, and to the other Uk npaa, an "Anglers Association" (fishing) as well... which is not very helpful. Glad tidings to anyone in any case.)

• March 2016 - more than a year ago. And yet, am I the first to post ANYTHING at all?

I kind of found this by accident, but disregarding that...what happened?? This is almost a shame... what was expected, or what was expected to be posted? (Here, I mean.)

(P.S.- Maybe add "-UK" to the end of your main WWW address (npaa), or just use plain English hyphenated... Because in searching this, I also found very many links to America, and to the other Uk npaa, an "Anglers Association" (fishing) as well... which is not very helpful. Glad tidings to anyone in any case.)

Children