Newly diagnosed adult female Newcastle 38 years old

Hello, 

I was diagnosed yesterday. Today I have been thinking about things that have happened to me or that I have done in the new knowledge of my diagnosis. It's very odd. I was surprised to be diagnosed. I asked if I was borderline but they looked horrified and said that I was 100%, no doubt classic autism. 

I'd like to say hello to people on here. Hello.

Parents
  • Hello, 

Sorry for the very late reply. I haven't been able to log in to the site.

Procrastinator it sounds like you had to fill out a questionnaire as part of your diagnosis. Is that correct? I just had a two hour interview with two doctors. I didn't complete any tests. 

My family aren't interested because they aren't interested in me generally. They only ever cared about my appearance and making sure one day someone would want to marry me. I rebelled and married eventually for love. I found someone who I could fully be myself with. I would like you to meet someone one day who you could be yourself with too :)

I have spent all of my life doing the opposite of what I wanted to do which is what was drilled into me as a small child as my Mum said shy, unsociable people don't get on in life. I work in a shop which I find awkward and I manage a minimal social life which exhausts me. I don't quite do exactly what I want to yet but I'm slowly getting my head around the fact that it's okay to do so. I'm not sure I'll ever get there but I will keep trying. The doctors said that my Mum did what she thought was best but they urged me to live my life as I want to from now on. I do social things even though I don't want to as on some level I feel it's important.

I feel my life has been a complete train wreck (a mess) I am embarrassed to think back on all the things I have done and not done just to fit in. 

• Hello, 

Sorry for the very late reply. I haven't been able to log in to the site.

Procrastinator it sounds like you had to fill out a questionnaire as part of your diagnosis. Is that correct? I just had a two hour interview with two doctors. I didn't complete any tests. 

My family aren't interested because they aren't interested in me generally. They only ever cared about my appearance and making sure one day someone would want to marry me. I rebelled and married eventually for love. I found someone who I could fully be myself with. I would like you to meet someone one day who you could be yourself with too :)

I have spent all of my life doing the opposite of what I wanted to do which is what was drilled into me as a small child as my Mum said shy, unsociable people don't get on in life. I work in a shop which I find awkward and I manage a minimal social life which exhausts me. I don't quite do exactly what I want to yet but I'm slowly getting my head around the fact that it's okay to do so. I'm not sure I'll ever get there but I will keep trying. The doctors said that my Mum did what she thought was best but they urged me to live my life as I want to from now on. I do social things even though I don't want to as on some level I feel it's important.

I feel my life has been a complete train wreck (a mess) I am embarrassed to think back on all the things I have done and not done just to fit in. 

Children
No Data