Hello

Hello, my name is Stephen. I'm 37 and diagnosed one week before Christmas in 2023. I am a single dad and I just wanted to say hi.

Take care.

Parents
  • Hi SegaASD.

Welcome!

Is your name anything to do with the old sega games consoles?

I'm late diagnosed too, but older.

There are some good conversations on here. It would be good to have you around!

• Thank you Mark!

My name has everything to do with the old Sega games. I collect and play games for my Mega Drive II, Master System II, Sega Saturn Model 2, Sega Dreamcast & Sega Game Gear. Smile

I have never felt more welcome in my life. We grew up in times where there were either religious parents or just one's who lived in ignorance. I don't know as though I can fault either, but at least our parents could have been a bit curious as to why we were 'outside of the box' in terms of the way we did things.

Though my late Grandmother worked for MenCap, autism was barely mentioned, but I had seen adverts on the TV with a little black boy sat on a bus and I wondered, what is autism, why do I feel a connection to that kid, like I'm different, not gelling with anyone etc. This was all in the mid to late 90s mind when I saw those ads.

I feel like if I had been diagnosed sooner, or it was more well known, I wouldn't be struggling now to make friends, keep friends and so on. I never got to grow up with anyone. Every two years, we lived on a different street. Moved around a lot. 

I am still scrying through my memories for anything to anchor to in order to find out when I was first properly seen as - different.

• Hi mate.  I am the proud owner of both a mega drive and dreamcast.  Welcome.

• Mythical, is the word I use to describe someone who is beyond Legendary. Anyone who is into retro, whether just watching videos about it, collecting etc, are all Mythical in my book. Sunglasses

• Genesis was a much cooler name to be honest.

• The US knew the Mega Drive as the Genesis.

Reply Children