Daughter of nearly 4 just been dianosed Autistic

Hi, im new to this site, my daughter of nearly 4 has just been diagnosed with autism, Im feeling confused, & lost, what happens now, will she & i now get support?

• Hi my son was diagnoised at 4 . You have to push for the things that will help her if she is not good with people or other children don't put her in a main stream school she will get lost in the system but a special school that caters for the autistic not staying their off cause so don't panic but you also need to put in for carers allowance and  DLA also inform tax credits that she has been diagnoised.  I know you probley feel that your alone but your not my son is 20 and still has not left my side he can't go to town no concept off days weeks months and if you got to be some where in time that's it hates to be late and food is difficult as he has a limited diet  but all I can say is that where here for surport 

• Hi my son was diagnoised at 4 . You have to push for the things that will help her if she is not good with people or other children don't put her in a main stream school she will get lost in the system but a special school that caters for the autistic not staying their off cause so don't panic but you also need to put in for carers allowance and  DLA also inform tax credits that she has been diagnoised.  I know you probley feel that your alone but your not my son is 20 and still has not left my side he can't go to town no concept off days weeks months and if you got to be some where in time that's it hates to be late and food is difficult as he has a limited diet  but all I can say is that where here for surport 

• I have had people ask me what acronyms are on other sites and likewise I have asked what acronyms mean myself.  No-one appears to have been belittled by having done so Longman.  I suspect you are reading way too much into this, and like you say, the term "NT" is used more than enough here and elsewhere.  You also have to remember context, alongside the term GP (don't tell me I have to explain that one too!) it becomes patently obvious (and yes, it is health visitor).  OP has not stated that she doesn't understand.  People seem to communicate in text speak these days anyway.  I kind of therefore feel your post was unnecessary.

• acronyms are very difficult for the unfamiliar - and health ones are notorious. I assume you mean Health Visitor. Sorry, not trying to be pedantic but people seeking help on this site may not feel good if jargon is used they feel belittles them if they have to ask what's an HV.

OK we're all guilty. I know NT winds up the non-autistic visitors even more than calling them neurotypicals 

• You could speak to your GP, or HV if you have one, to ask about services such as child development centre.  Perhaps contact social services for an assessment of need.