advice on finding a suitable job

I'm 20 years old and diagnosed with ASD and really struggling to find a job that is suitable for me, I have been to countless interviews and got jobs but struggled to cope with the busy environment and end up quitting. I tried being self employed and had my own business for a while but I closed it due to not being able to manage as I get to stressed out easily and I don't have any support. And I'm now looking again at getting a job 

Has anyone got any advice or guidance on finding a job that will support me into employment with my ASD?

Parents
  • Mine would be good luck lol only reason I laugh is cause I'm ASD and can relate to the irony in the struggles not cause I'm laughing at you. I usually get the job then get told I'm slow or what ever to keep up with it then loose it after a week or two and never seem to be able to last I've had two jobs where I've lasted year one being a chef as that I actually enjoyed the only problem there was a bullying instances due to agency chefs being diks to me. And again did retail in a service station and the problem there was also bullying. I either find myself bullied out of work or strugeling to keep up with pace of work and that's why I usually end up being bullied out of the job. I'm more than capable of doing the work it just takes me a little longer to learn it than most and find a routine. But unfortunately jobs don't make compromises for Autistics even though should by law. 

• Mine would be good luck lol only reason I laugh is cause I'm ASD and can relate to the irony in the struggles not cause I'm laughing at you. I usually get the job then get told I'm slow or what ever to keep up with it then loose it after a week or two and never seem to be able to last I've had two jobs where I've lasted year one being a chef as that I actually enjoyed the only problem there was a bullying instances due to agency chefs being diks to me. And again did retail in a service station and the problem there was also bullying. I either find myself bullied out of work or strugeling to keep up with pace of work and that's why I usually end up being bullied out of the job. I'm more than capable of doing the work it just takes me a little longer to learn it than most and find a routine. But unfortunately jobs don't make compromises for Autistics even though should by law. 

Children
  • Same, I loose concentration to easy and when I do try and focus or someone giving me instructions or information it goes through 1 ear and out the other I have to say can you repeat please lol it’s not that I’m being rude or not interested, I’m thinking whether I have ADHD as well as AS.