Masking and making friends

Hi!

I need advice on how to stop masking? I never knew it was a real thing, and honestly just thought that everyone made severe changes to them selves based on what their wearing or even by who they are with.

I know who I am, however id like to just be myself. People have been close to me for over five years and im still masking completely with them and its come to my attention that they don't actually know the first thing about me.

I would like to make real friends too, i haven't had anh in a few years and want to learn how to do it. Anyone can help? I havent made a single good friend during five years of my degrees, and I'm awful at just being myself. I also think everyone hates me and i need to work through it. 

Advice please PrayPray

Parents
  • I think I understand when matic says masking is a lie. But for aspies it is no different than someone visiting a middle Eastern country or say japan and knowing the customs of these countries and adapting our behaviors and mannerisms accordingly. It is exhausting but nothing will change unless society will and this is not Lilley as we still are the hidden disability so unfortunately our issues do not receive the same attention as others

• I think I understand when matic says masking is a lie. But for aspies it is no different than someone visiting a middle Eastern country or say japan and knowing the customs of these countries and adapting our behaviors and mannerisms accordingly. It is exhausting but nothing will change unless society will and this is not Lilley as we still are the hidden disability so unfortunately our issues do not receive the same attention as others

Children
No Data