Depression / anxiety after recent Aspergers diagnosis

I was diagnosed with ASD about 18 months ago at the age of 49! Recently I have started having panic attacks which appear to be getting worse and now I’m starting to feel quite down. Does anyone have any experience with antidepressants as this is something that my GP has said might be an option. Also are there any counselling organisations specifically for autistic adults? I live in Sheffield. I’d welcome your ideas and suggestions 

Parents
  • Hey :) 

Try to spot when and where your panic attacks happen, and maybe trace back to what causes them. Antidepressants can cause an initial dip in mood before it helps to stabilise things in the long run, but I'm not sure they'd be causing panic attacks themselves. Stay on the medication, try and identify the cause of your panic attacks, and communicate with your doctor so that they can support you through this x

• Hey :) 

Try to spot when and where your panic attacks happen, and maybe trace back to what causes them. Antidepressants can cause an initial dip in mood before it helps to stabilise things in the long run, but I'm not sure they'd be causing panic attacks themselves. Stay on the medication, try and identify the cause of your panic attacks, and communicate with your doctor so that they can support you through this x

Children
No Data