I’m a man with female phenotype asd and was diagnosed yesterday

Hi, as it says in the subject I’m a man who was diagnosed with female phenotype autism and every time I search my new diagnosis all that comes up is to do with women, I was told by my assessors that they are trying to get the name changed but it’s hard for me to find any information about men with this version of autism. I was wondering if any of you could help or maybe some of you are in a similar situation , anyway I was just want to know more about it so any help with this would be appreciated , thank you  

Parents
  • Hello,

You may find it useful to have a look at our autism page on our website which has a vast amount of information. The page contains information on the basics of what the autism spectrum is, how it's defined in a clinical sense, and the characteristics of autism: http://www.autism.org.uk/about/what-is/asd.aspx

If you have any other questions, or wanted some advice, you may like to contact our Autism Helpline team. They can provide you with information and advice on your issue. You can call them on 0808 800 4104 (10am – 12pm and 1pm - 3pm, Monday to Friday).Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor.

All the best,

Elena Mod

• Hello,

You may find it useful to have a look at our autism page on our website which has a vast amount of information. The page contains information on the basics of what the autism spectrum is, how it's defined in a clinical sense, and the characteristics of autism: http://www.autism.org.uk/about/what-is/asd.aspx

If you have any other questions, or wanted some advice, you may like to contact our Autism Helpline team. They can provide you with information and advice on your issue. You can call them on 0808 800 4104 (10am – 12pm and 1pm - 3pm, Monday to Friday).Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor.

All the best,

Elena Mod

Children
No Data