Hi from Sheffield Hallam!

Hello 

*For students from Sheffield Hallam University who identify as being on the autism spectrum* 

This is Lucy from Inclusive Support. We normally run the Social in person, but we obviously can't do that right now. We are using this platform to support you to connect with each other through these difficult times.  

Please use this thread to write: 

• what you are studying
  • what your interests and hobbies are
  • anything else you would like to share with fellow autistic students at Sheffield Hallam University ...  

... and hopefully you can then begin to communicate with and support each other here :) 

One student has suggested having digital pen pals so you could use this thread to organise this among yourselves.

Please make sure you follow the community rules

Thank you and take care

Lucy

Parents
  • Hi, I'm Dee.

I'm studying Law, first year mature student. 

Recently diagnosed with Asperger's at 50, I'm 51 now. 

The diagnosis, starting uni and being 51 has been far to hard. I really want to achieve and not be held back. 

Haven't been able to make the socials due to uni timetable, if uni ever opens, I would like to attend. 

Live alone and the increase in online time is not something I'm enjoying, due to the light from the devices, I know I can adjust the light but I find the devices draining.  

• Dee, what is Sheffield Hallam like for mature students?

• The staff and students are friendly and make you feel welcome. I think the staff appreciate having an adult in the class. 

I'm the oldest on my course.

• I’m thinking about going back to uni but I’m really anxious about it, worried about social isolation which has been really problematic for my ASD. So I want to pick where I go carefully. 

Reply Children
No Data